Scott's 94 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Driver side wheel bearing went out. I drove to San Antonio (60 mile round trip on the interstate doing 70~ mph) and was almost home when I heard it scrap the bearing. Like a mile from home and I kept going and almost ruined the spindle. I had to cut the bearing off with a grinder/cutting wheel. It welded itself to the spindle but I got it off and cleaned it up nicely. Monday I'll call Belltech from work and see about a replacement spindle. If I can buy just one. I got it back together this morning. I had to borrow my Mom's Trailblazer. Truck is all I have to drive.

I have a DJM driver side spindle a friend gave me. Same 2" drop but his is a regular cab and the inner bearing is smaller. I had it installed and all and the damn bearing wouldn't fit, so the rotor would be different. I didn't want to install it but I needed to.. But ended up just removing it and fixing mine. You could really see how much more mass and weight the Belltech had when they were next to one another. I'd never buy anything that's not Belltech.

I was coming back from buying these 07 seats... Which I would of installed if not for the bearing troubles which took my time up instead.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm going to search here today and see who's installed those seats and how they did it. Some ideas.. I figure I'll end up making some brackets from steel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

those are the seats that i want for mine,the console also

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I pulled my seats out and mocked up how the new ones will install. Going to have to modify the floor or the seat bracket. Much rather cut and modify the floor because so much is built into the seat brackets. Here's some pictures of what I did today.

Yes the carpet sucks. I didn't do it to it and it'll be replaced soon enough.

The original seats.

Driver side fits great. A few new holes and it'll bolt in just fine.

You must be registered for see images

Passenger side tracks are too wide and they hit the trans tunnel. I'll cut a section out of the tunnel for the track. Due to the seat moving forward and backward it will need allot of room. 18" x 2 1/4" or so.

Over an inch of insulation that'll be gone and replaced with dynamat.

Next weekend I'm off work and I'll do the job at the shop where I have all of my tools and welder. I need to make sure I have enough room to modify the floor.

Last edited:

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sold those seats from the previous post. Too much hassle to install. I'll find some that fit.

Today I fixed a couple dents that have been driving me nuts since I got it. I also worked on the tailgate. Tailgate needed sanded smooth and flat. It all came out good.

Here's some pictures.

Before. Door has 3 small dents and those one larger scrape on the rocker.

First coat of filler.

After some sanding I decided to fix the other ones on the door and filled those also.

Sanded smooth. Primered and sealed with clear coat. Always seal the primer. It pulls dirt in if your going to be driving before painting it like I am.

Sanded the tailgate smooth and primered it also.

I used Bondo Professional filler and Rustoleum Professional primer and clear coat.

Thanks for looking. Comments more than welcome.

Next month I'm going to shave the door handles. Stay tuned.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been wanting to do the 4 high mod on my headlights. Did it on the last obs I had.

I did it by taping into the wires at the driver fender. I'd do a writeup but there's tons of them. Even if I think my way is better than most peoples much more difficult way.

Tons brighter. Wish I could use better bulbs or hid.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tinted the windows. Local guy who does it for our shop. Did it legal which here in Texas is 35% front two and 5% rear three. Been allot cooler in the hot afternoons. AC works hard enough here with it being 100°.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought these from a guy on the South Side of San Antonio for $120. Sat there for two hours while he removed them from the wrecked truck they were on. Going to strip them down, check all the welding and maybe weld some more on them. Then I'll paint them and get some good polyurethane bushings and ball joints. I'm hoping to have the front bagged before the end of the year. Rear by next summer.