Scott's 94 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Driver side wheel bearing went out. I drove to San Antonio (60 mile round trip on the interstate doing 70~ mph) and was almost home when I heard it scrap the bearing. Like a mile from home and I kept going and almost ruined the spindle. I had to cut the bearing off with a grinder/cutting wheel. It welded itself to the spindle but I got it off and cleaned it up nicely. Monday I'll call Belltech from work and see about a replacement spindle. If I can buy just one. I got it back together this morning. I had to borrow my Mom's Trailblazer. Truck is all I have to drive.

I have a DJM driver side spindle a friend gave me. Same 2" drop but his is a regular cab and the inner bearing is smaller. I had it installed and all and the damn bearing wouldn't fit, so the rotor would be different. I didn't want to install it but I needed to.. But ended up just removing it and fixing mine. You could really see how much more mass and weight the Belltech had when they were next to one another. I'd never buy anything that's not Belltech.

I was coming back from buying these 07 seats... Which I would of installed if not for the bearing troubles which took my time up instead.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm going to search here today and see who's installed those seats and how they did it. Some ideas.. I figure I'll end up making some brackets from steel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

Did you ever install these seats? I installed a set this summer from a NBS 99 Sierra into my 92 ecsb. Back seat fits horribly.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you ever install these seats? I installed a set this summer from a NBS 99 Sierra into my 92 ecsb. Back seat fits horribly.
No. I sold them. I used 98 suburban seats. Those nbs seats fit really bad and the passenger side bracket hit the transmission hump real bad. I would have had to weld and fab brackets. Just wasn't worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No. I sold them. I used 98 suburban seats. Those nbs seats fit really bad and the passenger side bracket hit the transmission hump real bad. I would have had to weld and fab brackets. Just wasn't worth it.

I made them work. Had to fab brackets but turned out pretty nice. I live in north dakota so I have to take what I can get. Shipping on seats is crazy.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I made them work. Had to fab brackets but turned out pretty nice. I live in north dakota so I have to take what I can get. Shipping on seats is crazy.
One thing I did like was the seatbelts. I dislike the ones in my truck. Old and dirty. Driver side doesn't go back in like it should. It's on the replace list.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a quesiton for the sub box. Why is your double baffle top piece thinner than the rest? or is it a optical illusion? the 2nd baffle should always be the same thickness as the rest of the enclosure. Its for strength and resonance issues. Looks goog though. love the console. you doing anything special besides glassing it?

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just a quesiton for the sub box. Why is your double baffle top piece thinner than the rest? or is it a optical illusion? the 2nd baffle should always be the same thickness as the rest of the enclosure. Its for strength and resonance issues. Looks goog though. love the console. you doing anything special besides glassing it?
The entire box is built from 3/4 birch. The front has a piece of MDF on it for visual only. Each sub has its own airspace and is tuned. I forget which exact Hz we figure it to. It's written down on the box side.

The console and box will be covered in leather. Not glassed.

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay cool so it is sort of a optical illusion. cool. are you trimming the sides of the console out with something before trying to cover it?

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay cool so it is sort of a optical illusion. cool. are you trimming the sides of the console out with something before trying to cover it?
Yes it will have removable side pieces. Also the amps will have a cover of sorts that makes them look flush mounted. Might also do something on the ends of the box to hide the wiring better. Time will tell. Just need to order foam and leather soon. Probably use 1/4 birch on the console sides and box trim.

Come friend me on Facebook. Always uploading progress there. https://www.facebook.com/scottx.nb

Last edited:

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did some work. Modded the bumper to accept the plate.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Detailed it. Somewhat.

New engine still runs great. Of course, right?