Scott's 94 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Scott's 94 GMC Sierra

My name is Scott. I'm from Texas. This is my third OBS and my favorite so far. I work at a truck accessories shop as an installer and the main wiring tech. I've done car audio and such all of my life. Fixing up trucks is the daily grind..

This is what I do and I love it.

DONE

- Engine replaced 60,000 miles ago. GM Goodwrench long block.
- GM Goodwrench 4L60E with 70,000 miles.
- ION Series 71 15x8 wheels & Goodyear Tires (195/70) (Like everyone I still want some 20"+ billets)
- 98 Suburban Bucket seats
- Redid the A/C system. New compressor, drier and upper hose. Ice Cold! A Texas must!
- Belltech 5/8 Drop. (7" Flip kit + 2" ChassisTech shackles set at 1" for the rear and 2" spindles + 3" springs for the front and nitro 2 shocks all around)
- Avital Alarm/Keyless. (Starter kill, two way pager.. Etc)
- 454SS / Sport mirrors.
- Billet grille.
- Smooth front bumper. Paint to match. Made a nice clean plate holder.
- New headlights, signal lights in the front.
- Led third brake light.
- K&N air filter (thanks dad) in a modified stock air cleaner. (cut down)
- Removed the stock side trim & emblems. Sanded down to bare metal and sealed/primed.
- Rear rollpan.
- Shaved the tailgate handle.
- Shaved the stake pockets on the bed rails.
- Grant steering wheel. (Nothing special)
- MSD Distributor Cap & Rotor.
- Taylor Spiro-Pro Spark Plug Wires.
- Autolite Copper Core Spark Plugs. (ATL-25)
- I use Royal Purple OIL & OIL Filter.
- Energy Suspension Sway-Bar Bushing kit. (Red) PN# 3-5178R
- UWS TBC-60-W 60" Chest Wedge Toolbox
- Window tint: 35% front two & 5% rear three.
- Chrome rear end cover w/drain plug.

Audio System:
- Pioneer DEH-X8700BS head unit.
- AVI 4" mid-bass rear. (I have matching tweeters and the crossovers that I need to install somewhere)
- Pioneer 4x6 2-way up front.
- Kenwood KAC-9105D 2 channel wired mono to 900 watt. (2 ohm)
- MA Audio 600 watt 2 channel wired in series to the front and rear speakers. It'll do till I get a 4 channel.
- Kicker CompVR DVC 2 Ohm 12's.
- Phoenix Gold PLD-1 6 volt professional line driver.
- 0 Gauge, wired the right way. Stinger, JL & Rockford cable & fuseblocks.
- Custom built box by me. 3/4 & 1/2 MDF gorilla wood-glued and over-nailed to death. Subs flush mounted. Center amp rack w/removable amp-board.

NOT DONE...yet

- Shave the door handles, third brake light & antenna.
- New clear/tinted tasteful taillights. No euro crap!
- Cowl induction hood. 3"/4".
- 454SS/Sport fog lights under the front bumper.
- TBI spacer. (Got it, need to install it)
- Matching 4-channel & 1/2-channel amplifiers. (Rockford Fosgate most likely)
- Poly bushings all around.
- Lots more....

Find me on Google+: http://www.Google.com/+MatthewScott

Here's the pictures from the Craigslist ad. He bought it new in Austin and it lived its whole life there. I only live an hour from Austin. Small world it is. I helped him install the engine a few years ago as he's a family friend. I had no idea he was selling it.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Most recent:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
love the two tone! Nice project truck!
Thanks. It was blue on the bottom when I got it. I hate that plastic trim so I removed it and sanded it all down and primered it.

Not long after I got it I took these:

----

On another subject this weekend I'm going to our property and removing the 12 bolt rear end from my 67 half ton. It has 5 lug axles and I'm going to rebuild it and install it. Has nice 4:11 gears which I need to change and a posi unit with clutch discs. Limited slip. It was really nice 20 years ago when I drove that old beast.

From what I could find online rear end widths from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface.

94: 64 3/4
67: 63 3/8

Of course the 67 has coil springs and arms. I'll have to cut all that off and weld some spring perches on. Should be a great upgrade to my truck for the engine one of these days. I'd love to go LS. Dreams....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk Pro

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went out there to take the rear end out. Gonna be more work than I thought. Need a better way to lift it up.

I drove this truck when I was a teenager. Had four or five engines in it. Had a 400hp 327 at one time. I loved it back then.

Took some pics.

My truck with an old Suburban we flipped over years ago.

This week my starter had been acting up. Replaced it with a new lifetime Auto Zone unit this morning. Mine wasn't retracting the gear back in and it was hanging up. Only $64 for a new starter. Not bad.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driver side wheel bearing went out. I drove to San Antonio (60 mile round trip on the interstate doing 70~ mph) and was almost home when I heard it scrap the bearing. Like a mile from home and I kept going and almost ruined the spindle. I had to cut the bearing off with a grinder/cutting wheel. It welded itself to the spindle but I got it off and cleaned it up nicely. Monday I'll call Belltech from work and see about a replacement spindle. If I can buy just one. I got it back together this morning. I had to borrow my Mom's Trailblazer. Truck is all I have to drive.

I have a DJM driver side spindle a friend gave me. Same 2" drop but his is a regular cab and the inner bearing is smaller. I had it installed and all and the damn bearing wouldn't fit, so the rotor would be different. I didn't want to install it but I needed to.. But ended up just removing it and fixing mine. You could really see how much more mass and weight the Belltech had when they were next to one another. I'd never buy anything that's not Belltech.

I was coming back from buying these 07 seats... Which I would of installed if not for the bearing troubles which took my time up instead.

I'm going to search here today and see who's installed those seats and how they did it. Some ideas.. I figure I'll end up making some brackets from steel.

scottx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks. Long list in the OP is the stuff I've done. To do list is getting smaller and smaller. :)

Finally washed it last night. Rain seemed like it would never quit. Hopefully it has for a bit.