Sas questions I couldn't find

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really!? way to be supportive buddy...

Really!? No one else sees that the type of questions being asked are not the type of questions someone that possess the ability to safely soild axle swap a truck would ask? Yes there are kits to SAS just about any truck on the road. Does that mean that anyone should be installing them? No it doesn't. There are so many variables to having a safe, reliable and usable SAS'd truck. And in my opinion, the OP is using this fourm to answer all his questions rather then doing some logical searching and finding the answers he is looking for. If you don't even know the nomenclature of an axle, do you really think it's going to end up under a truck that is safe? I don't. Sorry.

And on a side note, I'm not being a smart ass. There are serious saftey concerns that come with a project like this, it's not like installing some subs in your truck, you're modifying the very parts that will determine if your truck kills a bus full of nuns, or worse, children.

peyton4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really!? No one else sees that the type of questions being asked are not the type of questions someone that possess the ability to safely soild axle swap a truck would ask? Yes there are kits to SAS just about any truck on the road. Does that mean that anyone should be installing them? No it doesn't. There are so many variables to having a safe, reliable and usable SAS'd truck. And in my opinion, the OP is using this fourm to answer all his questions rather then doing some logical searching and finding the answers he is looking for. If you don't even know the nomenclature of an axle, do you really think it's going to end up under a truck that is safe? I don't. Sorry.

And on a side note, I'm not being a smart ass. There are serious saftey concerns that come with a project like this, it's not like installing some subs in your truck, you're modifying the very parts that will determine if your truck kills a bus full of nuns, or worse, children.

You know, just because I didn't know if that was the spindle or not, has nothing to do with my ability to do the swap to my truck. I really doubt that you knew everything there was to know about an axle just out of nowhere, that's the point of the questions I'm asking. No one ever said I was doing this myself, I'm rebuilding my axles and trying to learn what I need to have done for I start. THIS is part of me learning. Just because I asked questions doesn't mean I'm going to kill a 'bus full of nuns'. If ya really get to it, me asking these questions is preventing it.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

First of all he's rebuilding an axle at the moment so he's asking questions an that now, second IF YOU BUY A KIT it would take a special kinda stupid to mess up a SAS and third Ide say 70% of the guys that get everything to do the swap don't even end up doing it.
Like momma always said "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"

NorCalMike

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you post on pirate you better know what you're talking about.

I've been a member on pirate for about 11 years. And have seen these types of situations end up in some kind of catastrophic failure more times then I can remember.

And to eg30.06, if your mom always says "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" she's part of the reason why all kids get participation trophys now. And the world is not a nice place, we all know this. And sometimes people need a reality check.

And to peyton4x4, I do hope that you complete this project and learnsome things, my comments are not an attack meant to discourage you in any way. I just encourage that you do some research out side of one forum and listen to advice from more then one or two people. All the information you are asking for is available on the internet. If your searched turn up fruitless, use different search terms. There are exploded parts diagrams available for every part you're going to be working on, I suggest you find them, print them, and keep them on hand while rebuilding and building parts.