Rough Country 4"/6" kit install tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool thanks. I think that is how I installed it. Hmmm. Not sure what's going on then. Might get tires rebalanced. They threw Dynabeads in them.

On your 98, you probably have the np246 transfer case. Are you running a stock from driveshaft or did you get the double cardan version?

A stock driveshaft is notorious for causing vibration is trucks lifted 4" and higher that are running the np246.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On your 98, you probably have the np246 transfer case. Are you running a stock from driveshaft or did you get the double cardan version?

A stock driveshaft is notorious for causing vibration is trucks lifted 4" and higher that are running the np246.

No still the stock drive shaft. That's good info to know, thanks. I will take a look in to it if the wheel balance doesn't sort it out.

UPDATE: The wheels were way out of balance. The Dynabeads weren't doing a damn thing. Re-balanced with stick on wheel weights and no more vibrations.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
The 246 is the awd case j highly doubt that's what his truck has

93sport

Reaction score
I know this thread hasnt been touched for a while but does anyone have any input on the add a leaf installation for the 6" kit. I think mine may be installed incorrectly. Just doesnt seem right but by length its the only way it makes sense.

90W7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this thread hasnt been touched for a while but does anyone have any input on the add a leaf installation for the 6" kit. I think mine may be installed incorrectly. Just doesnt seem right but by length its the only way it makes sense.
Can you post a pic of it? If the spring is in sequence by length you should be good. Is there a gap in there that's making you think is wrong?