Rough Country 4"/6" kit install tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Hey guys thought I'd chime in here. I work in a suspension shop that deals almost exclusively in Rough Coutry lift kits, what you guys are referring to RCX. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about installing one of the kits. If I can find the time I'll try to compile some information about them.

ooooo your a good source to have on here! stick around! +rep

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post #6 updated with an issue that I had with the steering stabilizer install....

Reaction score
I recently put a 4 inch rough country lift in my 96 gmc sierra and didn't realize I had to cut the exhaust to clear the front drive shaft. so my question is there a way to fix it other than having someone hack up the exhaust. like maybe going with headers and a new exhaust system or is having it modified to clear the best way to go about it?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
I recently put a 4 inch rough country lift in my 96 gmc sierra and didn't realize I had to cut the exhaust to clear the front drive shaft. so my question is there a way to fix it other than having someone hack up the exhaust. like maybe going with headers and a new exhaust system or is having it modified to clear the best way to go about it?

modifying for sure, it shouldn't cost that much to do

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well there's a few ways you can go about it. Over the driveshaft, under it or you can run the driver side pipe down to the back of the trans an crossover to the muffler there. If you go to a reputable shop it shouldn't be hacked up when is done.

Neither way requires headers though.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody having driveshaft angle issues? I am getting a vibration over 100km/h (62MPH). I can't remember what the lift blocks looks like but anyone have a picture of theirs installed? Lift block taper to the front or to the back???

Here are the only pics I have that show my angles:
You must be registered for see images attach

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Anybody having driveshaft angle issues? I am getting a vibration over 100km/h (62MPH). I can't remember what the lift blocks looks like but anyone have a picture of theirs installed? Lift block taper to the front or to the back???

Here are the only pics I have that show my angles:

Taper to the front

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Taper to the front

Cool thanks. I think that is how I installed it. Hmmm. Not sure what's going on then. Might get tires rebalanced. They threw Dynabeads in them.

Last edited: