Replacing Front End Parts. Which brand and model to buy? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
LOL, show me where I said you told him to get under it.

I said no mechanic worth his papers would put a vehicle up on a jack and jack stands and be anywhere near it.

A running vehicle is subject to vibrating off a jack/jackstands and falling. This results in broken parts if you're lucky, injured or dead people if you are not. All it takes is a split second of inattention and someone can get dragged into a tire. Same reason we wear coveralls around running engines: it keeps things out of the works.

I'm one track minded alright: safety. It's one of the first things you learn in trades training, and usually the first thing you learn the hard way at your first shop. It's also something that lady luck usually reminds you of as your years go on in the trade.

You don't seem to understand safety, so enjoy whatever jacked up process you want to follow. But don't suggest it to others.

Anyways, I'm done with this inane discussion. You'll have to find someone else to argue with. This is the second time you've dragged me into one and there will not be a third.

Ciao.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
That was a little uncalled for. He was stating his experience with moog. Didn't need the "cool story bro" like this is why more and more older members are leaving the site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly!!!! In this one... Score one for great white!

Sent from my C5306 using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Moog Rubbers, Timken hubs. That's all you need to know.

tomb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both my inner tierod grease boots are torn or missing. The tierods are tight and frequently greased. Does anyone know where to purchase proper fitting tierod grease boots? Also is there a trick to release the inner tierods from the center link? I usually hold a brass hammer on the threaded stud then smack the brass hammer with another hammer. It usually pops right out. Access is an issue plus the centerlink moves slightly...

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Both my inner tierod grease boots are torn or missing. The tierods are tight and frequently greased. Does anyone know where to purchase proper fitting tierod grease boots? Also is there a trick to release the inner tierods from the center link? I usually hold a brass hammer on the threaded stud then smack the brass hammer with another hammer. It usually pops right out. Access is an issue plus the centerlink moves slightly...

Extra long Pickle fork.

Will toast the boot though....