replace clutch fan with Electric fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaemitch

Reaction score
all this talk about e-fans make me wanna do it to mine and it may help out with the extra load im about to put on my engine adding 2 alts. thanks for the pics and link. 1 question. is it a tedious job to do?

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
for me i just wired everything up and mounted it to my shroud the night before and all i had to do was hood up 4 wires when i was putting it in; key on power, temp probe, positive wire, and the ground. i did however go back and put in a manual on switch witch was just another wire run from a positive source to a switch to the green wire on the relay harness. how tedious it is depends how complicated you wanna make it.

jaemitch

Reaction score
for me i just wired everything up and mounted it to my shroud the night before and all i had to do was hood up 4 wires when i was putting it in; key on power, temp probe, positive wire, and the ground. i did however go back and put in a manual on switch witch was just another wire run from a positive source to a switch to the green wire on the relay harness. how tedious it is depends how complicated you wanna make it.

cool seems easy enough if u dont mind could u pm me where u got all the stuff from minus the fans imma call around my local salvage yards b4 i order any fans imma a cheapo lol. thanks man!!

Wilco

Reaction score
Can a stock charging system handle converting to electric fans?

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can a stock charging system handle converting to electric fans?

i would say yes if you have a good battery and don't have a big "system". but i still feel more comfortable with out a upgrade but i think it will work.

Wilco

Reaction score
I think im gonna have to try this out sometime. I guess if the stock system cant handle it, then it will be a good excuse to upgrade.