replace clutch fan with Electric fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low98

Reaction score
I went to pull-a-part this weekend and got some fans from a camaro
for $20 and I got one wired to a keyed power source and one wired to the a/c
so when I turn on the air it will turn on to. Gm does that factory so
it seem to be running great and a pretty cheap upgrade too!

low98

Reaction score
It was a 90s model don't know the exact year and truly I didn't care
to find out I got the harness that connects to both fans too.
I was looming at getting some out of an olds they looked the exact same
to me just the engine mount would have made it a little more difficult.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Off subject kinda sorry but how did you guys get a four core in your trucks what did you have to do to make it fit? My truck is a 1993 model F/S GMC a 4 core would be wicked in this Texas heat. Just wondering also what about the difference in power after you installed the E-Fans in your trucks?

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's wider so I always thought that the shroud won't fit or the rubber mounts.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
If you have a 95-up vehicle it's easy to get the PCM tuned to run the fans instead of hacking something together that will fail at an inopportune time.

Taurus SHO fans are a common swap, LT1 fans are hard to find, and LS1 fans seem to be the best of the group. Don't expect a HUGE increase in mileage though. MAYBE 1mpg combined if you throw on under drive pulleys. There are writeups all over the internet about how to do it.

FYI unless you have a turbo LS2 under the hood, your stock radiator will work fine. Even then it may work fine. No need for a 3 or 4 row piece. My 5.7 will hover around 195-210 for hours on end in 105 degree heat at high elevation.

MeanGreenZ71

Reaction score
If you have a 95-up vehicle it's easy to get the PCM tuned to run the fans instead of hacking something together that will fail at an inopportune time.

Taurus SHO fans are a common swap, LT1 fans are hard to find, and LS1 fans seem to be the best of the group. Don't expect a HUGE increase in mileage though. MAYBE 1mpg combined if you throw on under drive pulleys. There are writeups all over the internet about how to do it.

Chris, im wantin to swap in some efans soon. Whats the deal with getting them to run off my 95 pcm? I can send my harness back to Summit if its not too difficult...