No fan clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
vortec engines should have a plastic fan with more blades (quieter, good flow) and a fan clutch that maybe is the same as yours but i wouldnt bet money on that, so it may need a different clutch too. this is a viable option if you have a junkyard and can find a clutch that isnt leaking and shows no signs of bad wear
The vortec engines came with a metal fan with 5 blades if the truck did not have A/C or if it did not have a heavy duty cooling system.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The vortec engines came with a metal fan with 5 blades if the truck did not have A/C or if it did not have a heavy duty cooling system.
so my 96 c1500 had the plastic one because it had AC(it also has a trans cooler but I dont remember if it was the upgraded cooling or not)

I dont remember which one of these is a 96 (the other is a 95 C2500)
You must be registered for see images attach

I think its the top label because the L05 sounds like a TBI small block RPO

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
so my 96 c1500 had the plastic one because it had AC(it also has a trans cooler but I dont remember if it was the upgraded cooling or not)

I dont remember which one of these is a 96 (the other is a 95 C2500)

I think its the top label because the L05 sounds like a TBI small block RPO
yes l05 is 350 tbi