replace clutch fan with Electric fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
mines a 2 core right now
ive got a 454 rad. in my 88 z71 and u can not over heat that thing

Mines a 4-Core 454 Rad, one time i forgot to turn down my Thermostat for my fan (It was set at 240*) and it never got above 190* :evillol: and this was waiting inline for construction for about 20 minutes too.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
I got mine out of a Ford Windstar. Dual fan setup and it fits the radiator like it was designed for it. I just need to get a controller setup and wire it in.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run a lincoln Mark VIII 18" 2 speed fan fabbed up in the stock clutch fan shroud and wired to run though my 411 PCM, along with a 454SS radiator.

bobfig

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did a LS1 fan swap into my truck last month and never had a problem with it. i did however get a bad relay and had one fan only for a week before i found out and still staid cool. from my research on this is that you want to aim for at least 3000cfm threw the rad with no a/c and if you have a/c you want 4000cfm to keep it cool. my whole set up was ~$130 and that was with a lower thermostat and $10 shipping. i got the fans from a pick and pull for $50. it seams i got and extra 1mpg highway and .5 or so in city. i dont have ac so i used the green a/c wire for manual turn on if i need it.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Nuke

I go by the name Matt
Reaction score
bobfig, what vehicle did that come out of?