Really?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Homie's like 16 years old, and he has had that and a decent oobs street truck? I want to kick him in the dick now.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
It gets tiring seeing every OBS with the same mods.. 6+3, HIDs, usually flowmasters or glasspacks, same tires. Bleh!

Id much rather buy a totally stock obs with very low miles, and enjoy building it and keeping it forever.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It gets tiring seeing every OBS with the same mods.. 6+3, HIDs, usually flowmasters or glasspacks, same tires. Bleh IMO!

Id much rather buy a totally stock obs with very low miles, and enjoy building it and keeping it forever.

Interesting, thanks for sharing!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for sharing!

Treating me like an ******* now because I said a few things you took the wrong way?

What I was implying is, people build up their trucks and think they can sell them for a bunch more than what they are worth, when yes, some people get tricked in to the scam because a lot of people don't know what the mods are worth, but what they don't know is, buying a stock untouched truck, and building it yourself (or professionally) is a much better option when it comes to quality and the life of the vehicle (or parts on the vehicle).

When I see a lifted truck in someone's yard whom I don't know, I have no idea who touched it, why they are truly selling it, what corners have been cut, and how old the stuff on it is.

On a side note and sort of off topic, sellers probably don't like it when people like me go to look at what they have for sale, I carry my matco pen light with me and check all the fluids, filters, checking for leaks under the truck, pointing out all of the flaws, telling them what its going to cost to fix those flaws, and trying out all the electronics in the vehicle.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Treating me like an ******* now because I said a few things you took the wrong way?

What I was implying is, people build up their trucks and think they can sell them for a bunch more than what they are worth, when yes, some people get tricked in to the scam because a lot of people don't know what the mods are worth, but what they don't know is, buying a stock untouched truck, and building it yourself (or professionally) is a much better option when it comes to quality and the life of the vehicle (or parts on the vehicle).

When I see a lifted truck in someone's yard whom I don't know, I have no idea who touched it, why they are truly selling it, what corners have been cut, and how old the stuff on it is.

On a side note and sort of off topic, sellers probably don't like it when people like me go to look at what they have for sale, and I have my matco pen light with me checking all the fluids, filters, checking for leaks under the truck, pointing out all of the flaws, telling them what its going to cost to fix those flaws, and trying out all the electronics in the vehicle.

you know it....meanie!

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless I helped out on the mods or the guy had them done at a reputable shop, theres no way Id buy someones project. Ive heard way too many horror stories of hackjobs, cut corners or just good old fashioned stupidity. I dont know, I guess Im really picky when it comes to doing mods and I couldnt handle the thought of some Jim Bob with a flux core mig welder having my life in his hands.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
On a side note and sort of off topic, sellers probably don't like it when people like me go to look at what they have for sale, I carry my matco pen light with me and check all the fluids, filters, checking for leaks under the truck, pointing out all of the flaws, telling them what its going to cost to fix those flaws, and trying out all the electronics in the vehicle.

So you do what a cautious buyer should do? But then you take it one step further by giving them the run down on why you won't buy the vehicle, when you know you didn't have the money to buy it anyways. I had a lady try and tell me about what was wrong with my ccsb and when she was done I told her it was still better than her feet taking her to and from work.