Ram horn applications

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
they will bolt right on to your engine but I do not think they will bolt up to the y pipe you will need custom exhaust made

geezer

Reaction score
they will bolt right on to your engine but I do not think they will bolt up to the y pipe you will need custom exhaust made
I'm putting a motor from a 91-92 camaro 5.7 in my truck, having my throttle body rebuilt, and a chip programmed for it. I was worried about clearances coming off of the rams horns,new exhaust will be going in with the job. I would like to do away with the y pipe and go dual. I really don't want headers on my old truck.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was worried about clearances coming off of the rams horns,new exhaust will be going in with the job. I would like to do away with the y pipe and go dual.
Not much point to "dual" exhaust on a 4WD truck. Both pipes will be going down the passenger side anyway--might as well get a GOOD Y-pipe, a free-flowing catalyst, and a big single exhaust back to the muffler, and single tailpipe.
Saves money, saves space, saves hassles.

No promises on how the ram's horns and downpipes fit past the oil filter and stuff. Never tried it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe this fits better. Photo shamelessly stolen from another forum member, L31MaxExpress.
www.gmt400.com/threads/headers-or-iron-manifolds.64253/page-8#post-1360799
O2 sensor, and Vortec-style EGR fitting installation would be an issue, though. Damned shame that Holley/Hooker didn't think about that.

geezer

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Maybe this fits better. Photo shamelessly stolen from another forum member, L31MaxExpress.
www.gmt400.com/threads/headers-or-iron-manifolds.64253/page-8#post-1360799
O2 sensor, and Vortec-style EGR fitting installation would be an issue, though. Damned shame that Holley/Hooker didn't think about that.
I have another option that would be pretty low budget but might work. The motor I'm putting in has 2.25 " Tpi manifolds on it. I could close up the air ports and use them, maybe not super beautiful, but functional. I am running an Edelbrock performer without egr. No emissions in WY so no cat either.