What is it with these MOPAR products-2003 Ram 2500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On a more serious note, I agree with the it's, Mopar, it's junk comment. I will say that I did R&R in a tranny shop for a little bit and we replaced a lot of solenoid packs on Mopar transmissions.
Could those solenoid packs duplicate the "accel and die and easy restart by shifting to neutral while moving", scenario? He can be cruising and accel, like passing someone, and die and accel hard from a stop and die and the restart never fails.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think off-brand conversations are taboo here. We generally keep them GMT400 related but hell I just asked a Ford question in the lowered suspension section because I respect the opinions and ideas of people that I know HERE vs. somewhere else where I don't know any of the forum members.

Main point though is that's a downright bizarre issue there; I'd hope that someone on a Dodge forum has heard of it before and has a solution or at least a troubleshooting trail - because it's pretty unlikely anybody here has seen it. No harm in asking here though because you never know.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could those solenoid packs duplicate the "accel and die and easy restart by shifting to neutral while moving", scenario? He can be cruising and accel, like passing someone, and die and accel hard from a stop and die and the restart never fails.
I would think that it would be possible if it was trying to go into 2 gears at the same time. I've not personally seen it myself though. I would look at the scanner data and see if correlates with a shift.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I will go to a Dodge Ram forum eventually but thought I would try here first. I also posted at the Tahoe/Yukon Forum for help.