What is it with these MOPAR products-2003 Ram 2500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My landlord has a guy that is another tenant and he has a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 5.7 gas engine that will die while driving, when accel from stop or accel like you want to pass someone. I have not looked at it yet, likely this weekend, but he has had codes pulled: P0700-Transmission Control System (MIL Request), P1794-Speed Sensor Ground Error, P1790-Fault Immediately After Shift and P0725-Left Front Sensor Circuit Failure. When it happens he can shift to neutral and it restarts immediately. It never fails to restart. Also, if he does not accel hard, the problem does not occur. He says can easily duplicate and will be taking me for a road test this weekend.

He has replaced some parts and is getting that list to me and who makes them. My first WAG is a mount problem that has caused some wiring to be rubbed thru and damaged.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just edited post. It is a 5.7 gas engine He has installed a Duralast Crankshaft Position Sensor and a Delphi Transmission Speed Sensor.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Might could have more luck on a ram forum. Just my $.02
I thought the GARAGE section was for anything in the garage but I do see your point. At the other @Shaggy owned Tahoe/Yukon Forum, there is a garage section where I have, and other members too, posted about various vehicles we are working on.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the GARAGE section was for anything in the garage but I do see your point. At the other @Shaggy owned Tahoe/Yukon Forum, there is a garage section where I have, and other members too, posted about various vehicles we are working on.
That’s fair, and this happens here too. I’m just thinking maybe with some of these more specific issues it might be more fruitful to post there. The FB groups are sometimes helpful in a pinch… sometimes… very rarely. Maybe my bump will help give more traction.

My sarcastic answer is: it’s a junk mopar. But I know that isn’t helpful.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I cannot get on facebook. They do not like my politics and I am a "menace to the site and must be stopped". I think that if I offered a safe room for every facebook member that logged in to my account, I would be ok but I told them to efffff off! facebook can kiss my hairy pimply arse.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
we do have a non gmt400 section it is titled other vehicles but do agree with @fancyTBI that some things people here will not know about I will tell you this the only things I know about mopar is the 90s magnum v6 and v8s nothing else
I did look at it and it says: "Other Vehicle Builds". I am not building. That is why I picked the Garage section. If need be, I am completely fine with a mod taking it down. I posted there for info purposes. I like my GM products as much as anyone but I work on other manufacturer rigs and other members here, I would bet own other vehicles.