Needing help with transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The GM 4L60E/65E/70E-4L80E/85E Diagnostic Code Book
could be useful while waiting..

Dawglife

Reaction score
The GM 4L60E/65E/70E-4L80E/85E Diagnostic Code Book
could be useful while waiting..
I know what the codes are just not sure why I’m getting them when the parts for the codes have been replaced. This is the first time I have dove into trans repairs and they are frustrating to say the least.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The book is loaded with diagnostics.... Was the first thing I bought when even playing with the idea of messing with my transmission.
Now I see it's floating around...arrggh..
Still a good investment..

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what the codes are just not sure why I’m getting them when the parts for the codes have been replaced. This is the first time I have dove into trans repairs and they are frustrating to say the least.
You have to find out what's wrong. Did you buy OEM and/or Rostra harness and OEM solenoids? If not OEM or Rostra, they can also be no good. Test all new solenoids out of the box to catch defective ones before installing them. If you installed quality parts, cleared the codes and they are re-setting then problem is elsewhere. Keep looking until you find it. I know it's frustrsting but you need to keep at it...

Dawglife

Reaction score
You have to find out what's wrong. Did you buy OEM and/or Rostra harness and OEM solenoids? If not OEM or Rostra, they can also be no good. Test all new solenoids out of the box to catch defective ones before installing them. If you installed quality parts, cleared the codes and they are re-setting then problem is elsewhere. Keep looking until you find it. I know it's frustrsting but you need to keep at it...
They were Rostra parts and had to drive a town over to get them. Pulling it all apart again today to check everything again. Hopefully I can find the gremlin.

Dawglife

Reaction score
They were Rostra parts and had to drive a town over to get them. Pulling it all apart again today to check everything again. Hopefully I can find the gremlin.
Tore everything back apart. Checked all solenoids and the wiring harness. Put everything back together, cleared codes test drove and no change. Now along with the original codes it’s throwing code 12. Not sure how the distributor would fit into this equation but seems like the more we fix the more codes pop up

Dawglife

Reaction score
Tore everything back apart. Checked all solenoids and the wiring harness. Put everything back together, cleared codes test drove and no change. Now along with the original codes it’s throwing code 12. Not sure how the distributor would fit into this equation but seems like the more we fix the more codes pop up
Never mind. No new code. 12 always flashes. This thing has fried my brain….

Dawglife

Reaction score
Transmission control solenoid end crumbled. Replaced it, new harness, new shift solenoid . Now no reverse at all. It literally gets worse with every new part