14BSF to 14BFF hub swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Swap

Reaction score
Hi, hopefully someone here can bounce some ideas around with me.

I have 2 trucks. Both are 95 k2500s, but one has a 14BSF and the other has a 14BFF, both are single wheel trucks.

The FF truck is a parts truck, has 350k miles and its mostly gutted already. Im trying to use it to fix up my tow truck which has a SF axle. I wanted to do a direct swap, axle for axle but the FF has 3.73s and my SF has 4.10s. Is it possible to swap the hubs out on these trucks so I can move my tow truck over to a full floating setup without having to regear? If it was a 2wd application it would have been a no brainer but swapping an axle with 350k miles into my 140k mile truck doesnt interest me, neither does swapping the front differentials.

I cant seem to find any resources saying yes or no, I guess nobody has been dumb enough to try, but if it would work, that would be really cool. I have all the parts and pieces sitting around. If anyone has any insight I would be really appreciative.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hi, hopefully someone here can bounce some ideas around with me.

I have 2 trucks. Both are 95 k2500s, but one has a 14BSF and the other has a 14BFF, both are single wheel trucks.

The FF truck is a parts truck, has 350k miles and its mostly gutted already. Im trying to use it to fix up my tow truck which has a SF axle. I wanted to do a direct swap, axle for axle but the FF has 3.73s and my SF has 4.10s. Is it possible to swap the hubs out on these trucks so I can move my tow truck over to a full floating setup without having to regear? If it was a 2wd application it would have been a no brainer but swapping an axle with 350k miles into my 140k mile truck doesnt interest me, neither does swapping the front differentials.

I cant seem to find any resources saying yes or no, I guess nobody has been dumb enough to try, but if it would work, that would be really cool. I have all the parts and pieces sitting around. If anyone has any insight I would be really appreciative.
Are you 100% sure the FF has 3.73? Not saying it's impossible, it's just not likely. Almost always 4.10. Pull the cover and check the numbers on the edge of the ring gear.

Richard

glock20

Reaction score
just rebuild the FF, or for less money go get a 4.10 FF rear from the junk yard and swap that in