What is it with these MOPAR products-2003 Ram 2500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I don't think off-brand conversations are taboo here. We generally keep them GMT400 related but hell I just asked a Ford question in the lowered suspension section because I respect the opinions and ideas of people that I know HERE vs. somewhere else where I don't know any of the forum members.

Main point though is that's a downright bizarre issue there; I'd hope that someone on a Dodge forum has heard of it before and has a solution or at least a troubleshooting trail - because it's pretty unlikely anybody here has seen it. No harm in asking here though because you never know.

Richard
I agree with this if I can ask some thing here I would rather do so I have gotten answers to my questions about what I want to do with out 95 ram 1500 over on that dodge site people there for the most part are all right and know what they are talking about but it is just not the same as being here I do not know what it is but I can get on here when I wake up and stay on till I go to sleep and see what is going on though out the day but over there when I feel the need I get my answer and leave it just not same

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree with this if I can ask some thing here I would rather do so I have gotten answers to my questions about what I want to do with out 95 ram 1500 over on that dodge site people there for the most part are all right and know what they are talking about but it is just not the same as being here I do not know what it is but I can get on here when I wake up and stay on till I go to sleep and see what is going on though out the day but over there when I feel the need I get my answer and leave it just not same
Diagnostic and common sense steps for problems can be used for many different manufacturers vehicles. Lots of components do the same thing under a different name. With these older trucks, GMT400, the members tend to dive in and figure the problems out themselves, That means there will be lots of real world problems and steps that solved those problems. Like a member said here in another thread and I again recently mentioned in yet another thread, these trucks are designed for the "do-it-yourself" owner of the vehicle, to work on and keep running. So many aspects of diagnostics and repairs transfer to other vehicle problems.

By the way, just like here, at @Shaggy forum for Tahoe/Yukon, there is a bunch of members there that are willing to tackle many types of vehicles with their own set of problems. They often don't just own a GM product. I concentrate on my GMT800 forum, because I own one but I am here because of my girl's GMT400, even though there is a GMT400 section at the other forum. I am also on a forum for her TrailBlazer. Come to think of it, seems that the GM forum members are the most eager to dive in and help a vehicle owner about a problem.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the wiring harness condition. I ran into that with my wife's Chrysler 300. The passenger side engine harness got crunchy with age and it would misfire and throw a "secondary ignition voltage" code. I re-wired it and it fixed it for good.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media