Putting in my two cents...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No mater what muffler you choose, you will see some improvement in performance, it will be a little more with MF.
Right - but on a stock 95 Suburban with a tired 5.7 TBI the exhaust is not a limitation, or is it? And any aftermarket muffler (whether it's FM or MF) will not decrease performance, right?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No expertise expressed or implied here, just personal experience. No hard data for you either, sorry. I only have apples to apples AB testing for comparison, and it told my SOTP dyno that the

Completely worthless waste of typing; your reply is bad and you should feel bad. Quit perpetuating baseless claims on the intarwebs please.

Challenge accepted! http://www.mustangandfords.com/parts/m5lp-0212-ford-mustang-muffler-comparison-test/

Now, I'm not saying magnaflow is the best, however if you read the info, it performs better than the flows. Maybe marginal, but numbers are true, and it shows proof!

However, I am saying magnaflows are the best for sound (which is purely based on opinion.
Thanks for bothering to provide a source. :) Always easier to give regard to actual data. More than one source would be nice as I do feel magazines often tend to stand on the scale a little bit in order to curry favor with certain advertisers, but it's still a good chunk of data that looks well-done.

Richard

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Completely worthless waste of typing; your reply is bad and you should feel bad. Quit perpetuating baseless claims on the intarwebs please.

Thanks for bothering to provide a source. :) Always easier to give regard to actual data. More than one source would be nice as I do feel magazines often tend to stand on the scale a little bit in order to curry favor with certain advertisers, but it's still a good chunk of data that looks well-done.

Richard

Oh great analyzer, criticizer, and denouncer of post content, please judge my posts. Please assert my worthlessness, and please disparage me. Please respond with even more of your wit and candor. I can't wait.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, just don't know why you would bother responding to a request for actual data - with no data. Guess you just like seeing yourself type. Enjoy..

Richard

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Yeah, just don't know why you would bother responding to a request for actual data - with no data. Guess you just like seeing yourself type. Enjoy..

Richard

Actually, much to your chagrin, I enjoyed posting personal real world experience. It matters far more to me than internet dyno Paul Bunyan fables, or the guy that has to pull his panties out of a wad anytime anyone anywhere on the internet speaks negatively about flowmaster.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of what I've seen on the various truck message boards, among the younger members, which is suggestive of possibly more than just younger GM truck enthusiasts or owners is that mufflers are purchased for sound, tone, and volume. Performance has little bearing.

As opposed to the older members who run catless straight pipes or glass packs that snap, crackle, and pop? I would gladly give up 2hp and choose a muffler that sounds good vs being the obnoxious loud mouth on the street.

There are two sides to every discussion.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, much to your chagrin, I enjoyed posting personal real world experience. It matters far more to me than internet dyno Paul Bunyan fables, or the guy that has to pull his panties out of a wad anytime anyone anywhere on the internet speaks negatively about flowmaster.
Lighten up Francis. Nobody kicked your dog or called your mother anything unkind.

As opposed to the older members who run catless straight pipes or glass packs that snap, crackle, and pop? I would gladly give up 2hp and choose a muffler that sounds good vs being the obnoxious loud mouth on the street.

There are two sides to every discussion.
Old dudes like straight pipes? Seems like every time I see somebody posting about straight piping a truck anymore, it's young dudes, typically late teens/early 20's. Anyway, at least what I've noticed here on the forum.

Myself, I hate straight pipes unless we're talking all-out race. Straight pipes on a stock truck have gotta be the worst. It's like fart cans for trucks.

Richard

mistaake

Reaction score
Lighten up Francis. Nobody kicked your dog or called your mother anything unkind.

Old dudes like straight pipes? Seems like every time I see somebody posting about straight piping a truck anymore, it's young dudes, typically late teens/early 20's. Anyway, at least what I've noticed here on the forum.

Myself, I hate straight pipes unless we're talking all-out race. Straight pipes on a stock truck have gotta be the worst. It's like fart cans for trucks.

Richard

I'm 20 and I don't like straight pipes. so no generalization allowed ;)

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the internet experts. Would like to see some hard data on why you think (X) muffler is awesome and (Y) muffler sucks. :gr_grin:

You have been challenged. Thank you.

This is too easy. Muffler X is clearly the best in the world, because I bought it! It's common knowledge that I'm smarter than anyone else here, or on Earth for that matter. I always do my research and parrot what everyone else smart says, and I'm never wrong! My opinions are the only ones that are factually correct because I am literally smarter than everyone. Muffler Y? More like muffler Y BOTHER LOL AMIRITE?

Also

You must be registered for see images