Putting in my two cents...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
There's a pair of oval case magnaflows under my Suburban. After heat cycling and breaking in, I like them quite a bit, especially when the back windows are down and I'm running next to some concrete barriers. Music to my frigging ears, man.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stock mufflers aren't baffled. They are tapered, chambered, packed, and perforated. Creating a lot of restriction. Top that with a poor flowing y-pipe, a cat, and a narrow diameter pipe, yeah you're restricting a lot.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a pair of oval case magnaflows under my Suburban. After heat cycling and breaking in, I like them quite a bit, especially when the back windows are down and I'm running next to some concrete barriers. Music to my frigging ears, man.

I agree, man. I bet it sounds awesome. I'm the same way with my exhaust. Thanks for being the only one to reply without a d-head comment. I noticed the question being asked a few times in the threads, so I just wanted to inform some people of some of the things I've learned, by actually being in the business. I suppose that being labeled as a "newbie" on this site must mean I don't know my ****. And my apologies for trying to direct a few people that would appreciate it, to a company that wouldn't empty their wallets.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The more restrictions you remove from the exhaust system, and from the air intake system, the better the engine will preform, to a point. After knocking out my cats, I not only gained power, but I also gained 1.5 MPG . I have 2 old school glass packs, with true duels, shorty headers, and custom SST tips that I built coming out of the back. I have to agree, sound is a mater of taste, but performance is enhanced by removing restrictions. As slowburb said, I love the sound when passing a concrete barrier.
You must be registered for see images attach

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The more restrictions you remove from the exhaust system, and from the air intake system, the better the engine will preform, to a point. After knocking out my cats, I not only gained power, but I also gained 1.5 MPG . I have 2 old school glass packs, with true duels, shorty headers, and custom SST tips that I built coming out of the back. I have to agree, sound is a mater of taste, but performance is enhanced by removing restrictions. As slowburb said, I love the sound when passing a concrete barrier.
You must be registered for see images attach

Definitely. I love hearing my exhaust. I sit outside, and listen to my truck drive away when my girl takes it to work. I like what you did with the tips. And glasspacks are such a classic, and perfect for free flowing exhaust.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
Stock mufflers aren't baffled. They are tapered, chambered, packed, and perforated. Creating a lot of restriction. Top that with a poor flowing y-pipe, a cat, and a narrow diameter pipe, yeah you're restricting a lot.
Chambered = baffled. Just to clarify my post.

Portedfrankenstien

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Baffle: a device (as a plate, wall, or screen) to deflect, check, or regulate flow or passage (as of a fluid, light, or sound)

Chamber: a natural or artificial enclosed space or cavity