Putting A Chip In A TBI Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88C1500

Reaction score
I had the stage 1 JetChip in my old 88 with a tbi 350. I had a few other things done to it but it didnt make much a difference in power. I ended up getting a SuperChip Stage 2. Woot now that made a difference... In drive at about 50 i could still light the tires up

OBSz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the stage 1 JetChip in my old 88 with a tbi 350. I had a few other things done to it but it didnt make much a difference in power. I ended up getting a SuperChip Stage 2. Woot now that made a difference... In drive at about 50 i could still light the tires up

did you have to change the t stat? and do you have to run 91 octane fuel?

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I just put a Jet Stage 2 in my truck. It called for a free flowing exhaust, supreme gas and a 180 thermostat. It doesn't call for a throttle body spacer, it just says that it works well with one. I haven't been able to drive it yet as the truck is away for the winter but it starts and idles fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

jdmdrew

Reaction score
Good morning guys. I have a question I can't seem to find a answer to. I've been driving my truck more lately and gas is killing me only cause I use premium. Now my question is I have a stage 2 chip and that's the only reason I use premiun. Is it bad to run regular 88 octane with the chip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
Good morning guys. I have a question I can't seem to find a answer to. I've been driving my truck more lately and gas is killing me only cause I use premium. Now my question is I have a stage 2 chip and that's the only reason I use premiun. Is it bad to run regular 88 octane with the chip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I have regular gas in my truck and it started and idled fine. I can't say about driving as it's stored until summer. Next time your tank gets low put in a bit of regular and try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MNZ71

Reaction score
I have a jet stage 2 that the po installed. Ive had the truck for almost 30000 miles and always run regular fuel with no ill effects.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem. Just run premium gas. It's what most chips ask for. I heard it makes your truck run funny with out it when running a chip

charleszalan

Reaction score
I was taking a gander at that 6 pack one a few evenings ago yet I recollect perusing that they truly didn't do anything.