Putting A Chip In A TBI Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TweetyNuttz92

Reaction score
Heard that, especially with people that are clueless about vehicles. Had a guy I went to high school with who claimed that adding some coolant to his radiator gave him more horsepower. Such an idiot :nono:

ok, so can someone help me sort out the 9 pages of back and forth between pre burned chips and custom chips?
Vehicle: 1994 with a 350. motor has RPM performer kit, so TB, TB spacer, Intake, intake manifold, and cam. Truck has the 4L60E, i want somethin that will fix my shift points and help out with power and mpg.... suggestions?

did you have to change the t stat? and do you have to run 91 octane fuel?

At least if you were to have the 6 pack chip on Economy Mode, would thus help a tbi 350 in gas mileage regardless of the mods?

kiss4afrog

Reaction score

Albertcriss

Reaction score
When putting in the new chip do u have 2 reset the timing and how much did it run u ?

Witace12

Reaction score
I find the advantage for myself is that I can use the datalogging and the VE learn. So basically as I drive the learn tells me where I need corrections and makes for me. My ecm stays where it is and I don't have to pull it out to change a chip. I just have to flash in the new data, and I can do this while driving.
Hope this helps

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
for tbi you cant just flash a chip you do havbe to pull it out when you do changes and burn a new chip regardless though much more advatages to datalogging then the premade off the shelf garbage.

haneeya

Reaction score
there are three significant variations based on whether the system was designed for a truck, the original LS1 Camaro/Firebird platform, or a Corvette. As for the A/C, all three systems mount the A/C pump in generally the same spot, but the mounts are not interchangeable.

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
I would like to buy the moates chip and do my own burning with tuner pro rt i wil get the aldl cable too what chip i exactly need from moates ? 1994 c1500 silverado 350 TBI