Putting A Chip In A TBI Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you have to remove it, there is a way to flash them directly in your truck its called ebl flash i think dynamic efi has it, made by rbob if memory serves very knowledgeable guy

matt sorrentino

350 TBI Fanatic
Reaction score
you have to remove it, there is a way to flash them directly in your truck its called ebl flash i think dynamic efi has it, made by rbob if memory serves very knowledgeable guy
Cool so that what the adapter is for to burn chips? Or the adapter is for my pcm sorry but its my first time measing with truck computers

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i honestly dont know, before i broke my laptop and was tuning, i would datalog and send it out to my buddy to burn it hed ship it back i actually never had any of the software, one of the best places i can direct you is gearheadefi.com eagle mark wrote a basic start up tutorial (RIP) that is the best thing for you to look into as a beginner

DReed1293

Reaction score
i have the hypertech chip in my truck right now but i really don't remember if it actually did anything or not haha, did you notice a difference with that jet chip and how much did you pay?

Chips don't do much on there own I noticed I'm pretty sure they are mainly for making the motor work better with add on like major exhaust mods race cams and fuel system upgrades... ya you can delete speed limiters and adjust rpm limits adjust air to fuel mix but it's not magic its like playing with the timing you will not make a world of difference

Last edited:

JMiller

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harris Performance or Tbichips.com is a great place to pick up a chip. He has a long list of pre-tuned ready to go chips. From stock to fire breathing. I have the Stage 2 Level 4. I have a small cam, no cat, no egr, headers I also did the tbi mods. It was a night and day difference between my stock chip and the one I got from tbichips.com. i haven't finished the truck yet so I haven't been able to measure mpg but I think it will be good, maybe close to 20. That might be wishful thinking though.