Project: SAS Tow Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
Time for a big update...

This whole life thing has really gotten in the way of my foruming, lol.

But sad times they are upon us, and I regret to inform you fine people that I will be selling the crew cab next week. :stupidme: Lately the truck has produced issue after issue and I pretty much got fed up with it. The front axle still wasn't geared, having to zip tie my hood down because some jack ass put a 1x4 through my grill which resulted in the zip ties failing and my hood flying up on the interstate (really not a pleasant experience that I would recommend to anyone), wallowed out lower ball joint taper on the d44 and all the little electrical gremlins you could expect from a truck with 250k+ hard miles. So me and the wife started throwing around the idea of me getting a new truck etc. I stated throwing feelers out judging interest in the truck at the price I was asking. Within what seems like less than a week I had found someone who wanted it (one of my cousin's friends), we agreed on a price and he had sold his truck in expectance of mine and this was all back in march. To not boar you with all the details, skip to the present day. I ended up picking up another 79 d44 housing, cleaned it up and Marcus and I geared it last week (mostly Marcus, I've been out of the game too long lol). I'll swap it in this coming week and God willing she should find her new home by the end of the week. Go figure, its been exactly three years since I did the sas on it, it hasn't been 4x4 since and the week it finally is, I'm going to sell the damn thing. :facepalm: I must say though I have really enjoyed the sfa, and in no way do I regret it or think ifs would have an edge on this truck.

I'm doing something I thought I'd never do... I'm buying a Ford! But to be honest I have no remorse abandoning Chevy, their current cars with a bed are dead to me, and these new f250s are simply amazing. I actually ordered one on Tuesday, getting a '13 f250 ccsb 4x4 lariat, sterling grey, black interior (don't get me started on how ticked I am the don't offer a proper tan interior and even if they did you can't even get their excuse for a tan interior in a grey truck :flame:), 3.55s, e-locker, factory equipped gooseneck, etc, etc... I was honestly looking to buy a used one of these, but they are holding their value so much it hardly pays to buy a used one. Getting a pretty good deal on the truck im buying $11k off sticker with free oil changes and state inspections for LIFE!!! They are also putting me in a used truck off of their lot to drive while I wait for my truck to come In (1.5-2 months), which is really nice because I would be stuck driving the seal around all summer with no over drive and deep gearing that would have just been a blast! At least it has a/c though lol. And I was surprised, the truck I'm ordering is actually cheaper than if I would have bought one off the lot, they all have stupid crap I don't need or want, like a ridiculous $1400 chrome package, sunroofs, and tailgate steps... And the nice thing is I wont have to sacrifice anything I want, well except for the interior color I want, but that's another story.

Well on to the pics... I washed her up the other day for the test drive. I got all teary eyed thinking that it won't be mine soon :bawl:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score

All the previous pictures were taken after the new hood was put on...

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
wow that sucks mn when i bough my CC everyone was showing me pics of yours for examples of what i should do. Im still looking for hummer rims

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Both of those trucks are beasts! I wouldn't sell. Sometimes there are some road blocks with vehicles and then you iron them out and it's smooth sailing. I had a few problems with mine. Do you have any info on the green machine?

Last edited: