Project: SAS Tow Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am one of the few on the board that has actually been for a ride in this truck, here is my opinion on it; since Drew no longer owns the vehicle nor frequents forums any more.

The only time I have been in it was right after we finished the axle swap and took it around the block to see how it drove. Seeing as it has 2" lift springs for a '73-'87 truck, it does ride very similar to a '73-'87 truck. However the angle of the springs and the actual shackle angle are very different when compared to a '73-'87 truck. It rides pretty good for a 3/4ton truck on 2" 47HD springs, it honestly probably rides better now with the springs being used for three years than it did when we first did it. I wouldn't call it stiff legged, but a firm ride would be more suitable.

Last edited:

countrytrash

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
decided after 13 years to revive this thread with the revival of this truck. Changed the motor with the one drew had pulled for the seal. Currently getting ready to put a d60 under the front with a little more lift and plans to put lockers front and back.

countrytrash

Reaction score
got the D60 swapped in and the truck is sitting on its own weight. gathering parts for the regear. and will order longer brake hoses since these are almost to short and starting to crack.

Attachments

• d60 1.jpg
    d60 1.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 11
  • d60 3.jpg
    d60 3.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 11
  • d60 2.jpg
    d60 2.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 11

countrytrash

Reaction score
twin to my truck lol. What kit, springs and axle did you use? Tire size?
this thread is the initial buildup of this truck. i revived the thread as im upgrading the truck. if u start at page one it shows everything done. i put 4 inch springs that i had laying around and i put a 78-79 ford d60. tire size i 37x12.50r20 with roughly 7 inches of lift now

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll read it when have lil more time. But exactly what I have, 78/79 HP60, 4" springs, but gonna be running 35s for now, might go with some 40s if they come out. Have a new set of cut out flares, should give me enough to run em...

countrytrash

Reaction score
I'll read it when have lil more time. But exactly what I have, 78/79 HP60, 4" springs, but gonna be running 35s for now, might go with some 40s if they come out. Have a new set of cut out flares, should give me enough to run em...
I had 35s with 6 inches and I found they looked small. I went up another inch cause I'm running more offset on my rims and I wanted to get them away from the fender. Im running wfo concepts ford u bolt flip kit and I have offroad design 1/4 inch offset plates to move the axle forward 1 inch as well. This is the truck on about half tread 35s with h2 rims.

Attachments

• 20220724_142733.jpg
    20220724_142733.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 7