Project: SAS Tow Rig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAYB1RD

Reaction score
thanks for all the compliments :ehcapt:

thanks baw!... i got the spring plates from DIY4X and i got the U-bolts from a local spring shop, i think ruffstuff specialties sells package deals if you wanted to go that route. the ruffstuff ones arent slotted like mine but they are drilled out in a couple places, give ole dan at ruffstuff a call and see what he has to say

its actually not really as hard as some people make it sound... if you get all your parts ready before you tear into the truck its easier and faster than doing an IFS lift imo
Thanks, I'll give him a call. Looks like they have a dana 60 kit on the website for just what I want so I'm sure he can set me up with something that will work.

Truck looks better on 35s, seems to be missing a handful of wheel studs though! haha

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give him a call. Looks like they have a dana 60 kit on the website for just what I want so I'm sure he can set me up with something that will work.

Truck looks better on 35s, seems to be missing a handful of wheel studs though! haha

haha yea two per side in the front actually... i bought all the surrounding parts houses had in stock. i needa carry my lazy ass back and see if they restocked any yet

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya i know that its not to hard to do a leaf setup but its the money that becomes the problem....and being able to find parts that arent total junk to begin with and having to rebuild and buy new everything

i would love to someday sas my truck but idk if it will ever happen

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
if you find the right deals on parts its really not that expensive... i started out with a 3/4 ton already so that helps but i will have $2800 into my swap once i regear and put new wheel bearings in the d44, thats including what i paid for the tires and to have them mounted

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you find the right deals on parts its really not that expensive... i started out with a 3/4 ton already so that helps but i will have $2800 into my swap once i regear and put new wheel bearings in the d44, thats including what i paid for the tires and to have them mounted

ya its not to bad if you get deals on stuff...but its so hard to find anything around me that isnt way overpriced for junk

i have seen people do it for under 3k but i still dont have that kinda money

instead i will just buy a jeep this weekend to satisfy my needs for now

Reaction score
Looks good man! Love to have my dually runnin sas. Problem is I don't think my wallet would let it go very far, LOL!

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep the money issue stops alot of people from doing it

now cajun has 2 of the best obs trucks i know of

makes me so jealous

heavrolet9894

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Cajun, what kit did you use to do the swap? Is your front axle a factory 3/4 ton ford axle with chevy 8lug outers?