Project: BootyFab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay then. I suppose it's time for an update. Today I broke down the Boggers off these wheels and put them on my Outlaw IIs in prep for transformation to a two stage lug TSL and put my 35 Toyos back on. No fun in a driveway, but it's free. Two weeks ago I built my sliders and welded them on. They are 96" long and have four 9 1/2" legs and a fifth leg of unknown length and angle in front of the rear tire, a 24' stick of tube will just about work perfectly (I got all but one leg out of that stick, happened to have some more lying around). No pictures of the Toyos on the truck now or the sliders in progress, but here are some pictures of my truck from RBD last weekend. Enoys.

You must be registered for see images attach

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
saw all the pics on fb...looks good

any more info on the sliders...what size tubing...how well did they hold up?

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are 2x2" 11ga., they held up just fine considering I didn't use them at all. When I was in the shop I used a jack to see how much they would deflect under load, they deflect a good bit. I'm not worried about it, they'll at least slow stuff down before it hits my cab.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much has happened at my camp lately. Just some maintenance that I dread. Yesterday the pile got a radiator and today she needs a pinion seal on the 9.5 as well as I need to screw around with the p/s pump (somehow the return hardline was bent a little too far and crimped the line causing it to crack). I have some more hose, I'll just take the old line loose from the hose clamps and slide the new hose over/past the leak and let it ride.

Also, I put my 35" Mall terrains back on to keep from killing my nasties with all the highway driving I do. It was not that eventful, I did it at the house; took me about 6hrs with some lazy fatman breaks in between, saved about $150 doing it myself (and it keeps me young).

As you may be able to see in the photos my tierod is bent from the cylinder pulling down on it. After Christmas I'm going to buy the ORD tierod, it'll work with my OD tube clamp and I will then re-mount my cylinder on the diff cover, whenever it gets put on.

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Still haven't done anything with the truck lately, except drive it. Hosted a pull on campus last week, decided to finish the "beater tri-fecta" if you will. Handled it just fine, the truck just needs some more balls.

And, today we pulled the th350 from my roommate's bog truck. Took the tires off so I could cut the Boggers easier; why not see if I could fit them. The black wheels look pretty good I think.

I love my wheelbase.

Fabtech ghost?

Finally, so I can drive it I did a little more trimming. And by trimming I mean, I took the bumper off.