1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"I think I had forgotten about the lack of cargo space in these standard cab trucks..."

I always leave a couple of clean plastic storage bins in the back to chuck stuff like groceries in, for when you weren't planning for it.
I actually have a new one that I have saved for just such thing. I forgot to toss it in the bed though, before I left.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I felt good to be out cruising around in the truck. I had a lot of people stop and compliment me on it and ask questions about it. It was a good truck night!"

It was mentioned on another thread about the lost culture of "cruisin' the block" and the way it leads to meeting people and old fashioned socializing without the need for a freakin' phone in your face the whole time.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The truck needed gas and I needed smokes, groceries, and dinner. Since it was out of the garage, I used it to run around a little. First stop was Wawa for smokes and a coffee. Here I'm leaving Wawa:
You must be registered for see images attach

Then the obligatory gas station photo from a Shell station:

Next up was Walmart for some groceries:

I think I had forgotten about the lack of cargo space in these standard cab trucks...

On the way home I stopped at Taco Bell for some dinner. No pictures there... LOL.

I felt good to be out cruising around in the truck. I had a lot of people stop and compliment me on it and ask questions about it. It was a good truck night!
Re: lack of space in truck cab".... Imagine what it was like for us, going from Suburbans for 30 years, to my crew cab. The back seat always has stuff in it,and the floorboard too..... toolboxes, truck parts, jackets, my work backpack.....

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Imagine what it was like for us, going from Suburbans for 30 years, to my crew cab. The back seat always has stuff in it,and the floorboard too..... toolboxes, truck parts, jackets, my work backpack.....
sounds like some one needs to build a bigger suburban and send it to HotWheelsBurban it will be built on a 1 ton frame 4l85e ht383e 2wd dually hydro-boost from the rear doors forward will be standard suburban but the rear section will be 8 feet instead of what it is 7/1 leaf pack aam 11.5 rear with g80 rubber/vinyl floor cloth seats manual windows manual locks z54 cluster barn doors quadra-steer from the gmt800s

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
sounds like some one needs to build a bigger suburban and send it to HotWheelsBurban it will be built on a 1 ton frame 4l85e ht383e 2wd dually hydro-boost from the rear doors forward will be standard suburban but the rear section will be 8 feet instead of what it is 7/1 leaf pack aam 11.5 rear with g80 rubber/vinyl floor cloth seats manual windows manual locks z54 cluster barn doors quadra-steer from the gmt800s
Yup that would be the "perfect" Burb!
My initial idea with Rawhide was to get a camper shell on the bed, so I would have the covered cargo capacity of a Burb with the second row seat folded down, but still have the ability to carry 3 of us like in the Burb, and have the one ton capability. Of course, life and lack of funds keep getting in the way.... like most of us I am attempting to work within the budget!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had an 04 Burban 2500, with the 8.1 and 4L85 in it. It's amazing the amount of crap you can fit in those things! It was falling apart faster then I could fix it though, and I traded it in, with a 19 Jeep Grand Cherokee, on the 23 RAM we have now.

99xcss4

Reaction score
like most of us I am attempting to work within the budget!
yeah I know a little bit about that I have to operate on a shoe string it is hard to pick some times what I want to spend my savings on between 2 trucks audio and wanting to get back into gaming a little bit too many expensive interests and not enough money to pay for them

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
yeah I know a little bit about that I have to operate on a shoe string it is hard to pick some times what I want to spend my savings on between 2 trucks audio and wanting to get back into gaming a little bit too many expensive interests and NEVER enough money to pay for them
Fixed it for you!
Seriously, sometimes it seems like it all hits at once. We've got the best show of the year, coming up this weekend, to get ready for, and of course there's lots of stuff to do, and to prepare. And the truck has to be ready, or nobody's going anywhere....
So this lock issue that happened a few weeks ago, was another thing that needed to be dealt with. So I go to use the cordless drill, and it runs outta power halfway through the process of drilling out the rivet on the door handle. And I can't find the freaking charger....
So I got the door fixed, finally, after two sessions of working on it and a trip to the yard(to see how the doors work inside).
But I've had to buy a new drill setup (another one with another battery and charger, so in theory I'll end up with two similar drills that use the same charger). And then I have some parts coming in, from another member, that'll go on the truck once we get back.
At least with the drills I can use one for a power driver, for all the 7mm sheet metal screws that hold the doors together! Cause after I get the front doors fixed, I need to get into the right rear door and see why the window won't go down all the way. @Dropped88 thinks it's the actuator come loose and jamming the tracks. Burbs has same problem but on the left side rear door...so I need to get both fixed. Before it gets into the Texas Gulf Coast summer heat and humidity, where the only time it's comfortable to work on a truck is 3am cause it's not till then before it gets below 90°.....

99xcss4

Reaction score
that is a tall order you can do it though what is really bad is when you do not need the charger any more you will find it we get backed up some time but for the most part it is not too bad as far as the actuators go that is why I love fully manual doors