1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This will be a nice add-on for sure!! Bummer about the wrist!!

Thanks 95OBSMan! It started getting much better yesterday for some reason... probably just old age. :rolleyes:

Last night I got the truck up in the air, took the rear wheels and exhaust turn downs off, and started planning the attack. I clamped a 1 X 2 X 48" piece of wood between the bottom sides of the raised flip kit sections. This is my minimum height point to clear the rear end, and will hold the tail pipes up while I fit the system. I realized 2 things when I was under there with the tail pipes and a tape measure:

1. I need to move the bracket that holds the rear brake line to the c notch. It is dead in the way of the left tail pipe location. Not too tough, I hope.

2. When the converter was removed (by someone else...), they welded (arc welded) a 2.5" section there, between the 3" end of the Y-pipe and 3" pipe before the muffler. That has to go... I had to order a 36" long section of 3" exhaust pipe, so I can cut that 2.5" section out. I'll have to cut an inch and a half or so, into the end of the 3" section of the Y-pipe to do this.

As it worked out, Summit Racing was the most economical for the 2 additional pieces of exhaust pipe I need. So, I placed the order last night and it should be here on Friday or Saturday. I got the kid this weekend, so I may not get back to it until Sunday evening.

Forgot to take pictures, so I don't have any to post up today.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Know all to well about the old age!!! :rolleyes:

Wow!! Arc welding, they might have been practicing for a pipe welding test!! Or could've been the PO mechanics' work and just get-er-done now job!!!:p

Got a visual for you if it helps, kinda had the same quality job on mine until I got in there on mine, don't pay attention to the welds on mine, was in a hurry, momma was crack"n" the whip that night for dinner!!! At least I got her in and nothing blew apart and nothing caught on fire!!

Summit's a good source for parts!!

Family is the only way to go!!

Cant wait to see it done, but we are gonna need a sound check of the completed work!! :p:driver:

Attachments

• 893E84BC-CE3D-49B7-9841-7927D22B4980.jpeg
    893E84BC-CE3D-49B7-9841-7927D22B4980.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 14
  • FB03AE9B-CBDB-4F4E-974B-BC2447FF8A92.jpeg
    FB03AE9B-CBDB-4F4E-974B-BC2447FF8A92.jpeg
    213.7 KB · Views: 14

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Weekend update...

I really didn't do anything to the truck itself, as I have my son this weekend and I'm waiting on a couple exhaust parts to come in from Summit.

Last week I ordered a new carpet piece for the back of the cab. The truck had new carpet installed and I could not understand why that wasn't replaced, too. It's actually easier to install than the carpet on the floors. The existing piece looks original and is very faded out. It came in on Sunday, but I haven't opened it up yet. May do that tonight, depending on other life things...

I ended up returning this carpet piece for 2 reasons. 1: it was too dark colored. 2: I scored a replacement at EZ Pull, from the truck that I got all the blue interior parts from. The color is a lot closer, it's an original GM piece, and has the sound deadener and plastic support strip where it mounts. It was a little dirty on the sides, so right now I have it soaking in Dawn Powerwash for a bit. I'll go back out and scrub it up with some warm water, then pressure wash it later tonight. I think it's going to be way better than that new piece I returned!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been working on the exhaust system on and off all week. I had to order a few more things earlier this week and a couple more things yesterday. It's almost done. I just have to tweak the left tail pipe a bit more so it's not hitting the body at the tip. I had to order another clamp to make that happen. I'll take some pictures to post when it's done.

In the meantime, here is a video/sound clip (per request):

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds great!
Thanks Sean!

Sounds like a proper hot rod. Now you just need a cam with a little thump.
Thank you and Yeah... I agree. However, I don't think that will happen unless I hurt the motor somehow. Then I'll just get a replacement crate motor for it. Probably a 383 from Blueprint or something similar. I really don't want to go through all the EFI tuning though, so I would probably switch it to an aftermarket EFI system or carburetor/HEI system.