Overhauling the C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l1lartur0

Reaction score
Today is the perfect day to begin my project to redress all of the shortcomings with Chevy's design of the 1997 C1500, and turn the truck into what it should have been. Bigger, badder, better!

Gone are the original rear axle, transmission, engine, and wheels. In their place, we are installing:

1. 2.56 axle from a 1991 Caprice. Fuel economy, folks.
2. Powerglide. Less moving parts means more efficiency.
3. 2.5L Iron Duke 4 banger from an '84 Citation just because "Iron Duke" is a cool name (may even add another one. Duct tape them together or something).
4. Bulldozer wheels and tires. Nothing says "you're in my way" like a massive tire rolling over the vehicle in front of you.

No way that I'm fooling around here...

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Good one, My April fools meter started tingling at 2.56 axle but it was slightly believable with a powerglide (to each their own, right)

then Iron duke made me LOL! Those things can barely let a Fiero hold 70mph.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is the perfect day to begin my project to redress all of the shortcomings with Chevy's design of the 1997 C1500, and turn the truck into what it should have been. Bigger, badder, better!

Gone are the original rear axle, transmission, engine, and wheels. In their place, we are installing:

1. 2.56 axle from a 1991 Caprice. Fuel economy, folks.
2. Powerglide. Less moving parts means more efficiency.
3. 2.5L Iron Duke 4 banger from an '84 Citation just because "Iron Duke" is a cool name (may even add another one. Duct tape them together or something).
4. Bulldozer wheels and tires. Nothing says "you're in my way" like a massive tire rolling over the vehicle in front of you.

No way that I'm fooling around here...
You won't...