Project: BootyFab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
god that thing is sick nasty with those huge boggers!!!!!!

what size are those beasts????

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, about two years after the last comment; the ole pewter scooter is still plugging along. Haven't done much at all with it other than drive it. Been keeping most of the miles off it until now, but my $400 S10 has bit the dust (sort of, it's not very cost efficient when it leaks about a quart of oil every few days). So the gal is back in daily service. I want to do some detailing to it, ie. paint the frame, axles, driveshafts, and shocks, clean the paint up some (clay bar, etc) and put some less-scratched rolling windows in the front doors. Then I need to do some neglected maintenance, ie. replace the injectors (long story), exhaust manifold gaskets, tierod ends, replace my bent factory tierod with a burly unit from ORDesign, plug the hydro-assist ports and install a steering stabilizer. I want to also build some traction bars for the rear since the 3" worth of block in the back... Well, you know; and since the truck also hauls the bog truck it'll help that workout better. May do that this summer. Anyway, here is a picture I snapped yesterday after I polished the wheels and got the SoGA dirt off them.

You must be registered for see images attach

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I've had the ORDesign tierod for, probably, going on a year and a half (maybe two years?). It's just rusting in my shop, need to do something with it. Thought about painting my diff cover, shocks, stabilizer, steering tubes and possibly front axle shafts silver; perhaps color match? Thoughts?

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Well, I've had the ORDesign tierod for, probably, going on a year and a half (maybe two years?). It's just rusting in my shop, need to do something with it. Thought about painting my diff cover, shocks, stabilizer, steering tubes and possibly front axle shafts silver; perhaps color match? Thoughts?

I suggest going with a color scheme. All my suspension is black and hammered grey. Carried it through out the whole underneath after I did my 60 swap. The color match will look good

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mines all black but blue covers and tie rod. i think its just enough color. without it it would all blend in and you wouldnt notice the solid axle

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I'm just going to do front and rear shocks, traction bars in the rear, steering and stabilizer color matched. Hopefully it wont be too overwhelming. Haha.