1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the AC working good now!!! :headbang:

I started replacing the blower motor/fan assembly and found the reason that it didn't work so well... some genius had the power wire on the ground terminal and the ground wire on the fan power terminal. So this would only let the fan run on low speed (actually a lower speed than that). I replaced the fan anyway, since the one in it was noisy. Not an easy task... found all the hidden cracks in the lower part of my dash too. Anyway, it's much quieter now and plenty of cold air blows out of the vents. Victory!

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the AC working good now!!! :headbang:

I started replacing the blower motor/fan assembly and found the reason that it didn't work so well... some genius had the power wire on the ground terminal and the ground wire on the fan power terminal. So this would only let the fan run on low speed (actually a lower speed than that). I replaced the fan anyway, since the one in it was noisy. Not an easy task... found all the hidden cracks in the lower part of my dash too. Anyway, it's much quieter now and plenty of cold air blows out of the vents. Victory!
Blower motor was running backwards so the squirrel cage was just beating the air and not moving it.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I put about 60 miles on the truck running local errands this week. For not being "professionally" aligned, it seems to go down the road and handle really good. I'm still going to get it aligned at a shop though, soon.

I really like the sound of the exhaust and it is 100 times better inside the cab when driving it. I can actually hear the radio and talk on the phone when I'm on the gas. The AC works really good too, which is really important to me here in Florida!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tonight I took care of a few small things on the truck.

First, the door panel clips were wasted, and the door panels kinda flopped around and vibrated pretty bad. A couple days ago I bought some clips from O'Really Auto Parts that I thought would work, and they didn't. Found these clips on the jungle web site and they worked perfect! Door panels are nice and secured to the door now.

www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN14YVH9?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

New ones on the left and the few trashed old ones from the left door, are on the right. Picture didn't turn out so good for the new clips...

You must be registered for see images attach

Next, I fixed a front 2357, amber bulb that was out. I had one in my tool box. No pictures of that, though.

Last thing I did was put the heater vent cover thingy on. I had picked up a used one at the salvage yard a few weeks ago. Mine was missing. Some gorilla (previous to my ownership) broke the center part out of the vent assembly where the screw goes in, so I had to drill a couple holes and put some speed clips on the duct assembly, with a couple extra interior screws to hold the heater vent cover on. Turned out really good and the vent door clears the screws.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next up, I'm putting mechanical water temperature and oil pressure gauges in it. Waiting on 1 gauge cup, and some LEDs for the gauges, to come in. I need to get a piece of aluminum from Home Depot to mount the gauges to, under the dash.