old miller / beastly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small update. I removed the side marker lights, the problem became obvious once I did. Here's one of them after I scraped off silicone and gave it a scrub down.
You must be registered for see images attach

And my attempt at a patch

Im not convinced its completely stuck on there, might have to sand a bit first, or come up with another solution, we'll see im trying to keep the patches as discrete as possible. Also ripped out the wires for the old cap lights and switched on the spare again because of another leaky tire. All the time under the truck I think I have a couple new plans :hmm: might be able to rig a tire mount up

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think maybe a rock from the highway caused this

So today I started laying blueskin over the seams, and only almost caught the camper on fire once :smokin:

Theres a leaky seam right behind the one 2x2 across, hopefully I can get to it this weekend. Id like to get that stuff behind everything but you have to stop at some point. I also fixed up my tailgate, sanded and painted the top chipped and rusty bit then got my new cap on. It was really tight at the top and as a result it sits a little high but it still works and looks way better, perfectly covers it all up.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Spotted this out at smittys, had to park next to it.

more done inside the camper

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasnt happy with the roof vent and where the roof rack ties in so ripped it apart, blue skin under all the screws, and bigger #10 screws. Its nice and strong now. Went crazy with the blueskin on the front, it was free anyway. It should be pretty resultant to rocks and branches, plus more quiet.

32 days until Shambhala music festival! Have lots I want to do to make it nice for 5 days, plus the drive. Gotta look into replacement cushions, hopefully foam isnt too expensive. Fix the top of the front window and get the walls and ceiling back up soon. Bash the fridge with a hammer until the propane works! Or look into buying a deep cycle and solar panel, throw in a few led lights. The truck is due for an oil change soon, might take the time and do the diff fluid too. Tossed in a new air filter and topped everything up seems to be running fine... well except the noticeable exhaust leak. Went down to the river to enjoy a hot afternoon

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive ordered a bunch of 12v stuff of ebay for the camper and am hoping it will get here before my next trip. In the mean time im working on all the wiring so once the walls and ceiling are back up it will be easy install. This means im committing to having some power no just propane and have bean researching and looking around for a deep cycle, and possibly some solar panels too. With that in mind Ive made a connector for power and ground to the truck, ran the wires down the back corner box of the bed. Going to buy some nice heavy gauge wire to run up to the engine bay (might tie the trailer plug into it too) and put the second battery there instead on inside the camper, with an isolator of course. Ran the other end of my harness in behind the fridge access and mounted a fuse block, no more crappy daisy-chain for this camper.

Still have to make a common ground mount and all the wires will be tidy, im thinking a strip of plumbers strap i can screw into. Unfortunately today my trucks muffler decided to blow out so now I have to shop for a muffler as well :(.

I took this pic out a rough country road with a sign saying 'road may be impassible'
attachment.php

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

If I were to completely build this exhaust from scratch I may lean towards a chambered muffler, but this one was the same dimensions as the turbo that was in before 3"in and out. Payed a little over $100 for the muffler and a couple band straps, $40 for an angle grinder. Took around an hour to cut the old one out and install it. When a welder friend of mine has some time I may get it welded up properly but good for now. It seems well built and pretty heavy. I still have a leak at my manifold, that im more inspired to try to fix now, but the exhaust is sounding better. Its very quiet at idol but still make noise accelerating, I know these glass packs get louder with age too.
Dtc 32 came up, Im hoping it can be ignored for a while and take care if it the same time I deal with the manifold. I still feel confident in the old girl to do the 1000+km trip. Theres some maintenance / tune up stuff id like to do first, but with the ongoing camper too well see how much gets done before.

Last edited:

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I can now say all the wires in for everything inside the camper are roughed in, including for a stereo in the future. Crossed a few things off the shopping list, including some solar panels. Ordered up the seat foams to fit, as i feared it was expensive and didnt come with covers so ill be on the fabric hunt. Managed to vacuum up my mess pretty good today as well. This week I will go to the junk yard and hopefully track down a second battery tray so I can look for a deep cycle. Buy some plywood and if the weather cooperates I might be able to board the walls this weekend

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

$10 and half hour later got a battery tray, shot it with some part clean and a quick coat of spray paint. Picked up the cushions today as well for the bed/dinette. The battery tray looks like its designed for a standard size 24 not the larger 27, but once its in ill see how big I can go