old miller / beastly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Fridge works propane and 120v, stove works propane, I couldn't get the pilot light on the furnace to stay so maybe a thermocouple or have to adjust the pilot idk. I opened up the bottom foot or so of the walls, found the front tie downs are so weak because the wood has started to crack. Went through the better part of a calking tube on the edges and around all windows then took it for a wash & vacuum. Only water seemed to get in by splashing up the roof vent cover but I think im good for rain. Bought some new longer bolts and other stuff to reenforce everything as well as a door handle. So far im at about $60 in trips to hardware store. Pricing out ceiling and wall board at 20-30 a piece, and should be able to floor it for 15-40 depending on what I want to use.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good news / bad news update. Snowed last night and as it melted I've found a couple more leaks in the walls. I don't want to but I may open it up a bit more to seal from the inside and new insulation. I think the marker lights and a couple of the siding seams are to blame. I did get some awesome materials from work though, couple rolls of adhesive backed cladding, blue skin, and a bit of fibreglass board.

Update 2
I got the furnace going!! Didn't give it enough time to see if the thermostat will work but it's kickin heat. Did more calking. I'm running out of days before camping, really only 3 left and one has to be spent cleaning and prep. So run the heat a bunch tomorrow to dry everything up and have to start rebuilding the table. And also a screw in my tire, yay!

Last edited:

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bit more done today, feels like I did a lot of work. Had to switch on the spare tire so I can drop a wheel off tomorrow. Found some useful tools to harvest off the blazer. Built a new table. I will try to get some more pics up soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just non stop work on the truck/trailer going to be nice to take a weekend off.
old nasty

new and clean.

the white is similar to the aluminum i used before but with a pvc top. built it from two sheets of plywood out of the old cap.
loaded up with kindling aka 2x4's

Drove a few screws inside, ran out of wood glue and daylight before I could do much bracing. probably all that I will do this week. Tomorrow I am going to slam some insulation back in and start cleaning and packing.
Bonus pics from may long two years ago, this was in B.C. before my silverado

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Had rain, snow, sunshine, mud, and a lot of fun first camping of the year! Furnace worked but temperamental to get to fire full and the fridge wasnt cold enough so I think the gas lines need a cleaning. Last week fuel gauge on the truck stopped working and stuck at full, and the odometer hasnt worked for a while so kinda needed that. Friday went to fill the 125L tank and put 123.5 in lol. going to borrow a volt meter see if I can probe some wires. I dont know what would suck more dropping the gas tank or taking the dash apart.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did some research and to get to the fuel pump / sending unit means lifting the box, so thats not happening any time soon. The gauge fell down with the key off and about half a tank left so i dont think its that, gotta check the grounds and otherwise just deal with it for now. Still deciding if I want to keep the little cupboard above the table it would free up head room and allow me to do even more bracing to the structure, might replace it with a smaller shelf. I could see some water getting in somewhere on the front wall and wouldnt mind oping that whole area. I am leaning towards redoing the front walls with either pine tongue and groove or thin ply wood, keeps it almost as light weight but will be lighter in colour too. tricky part will be replacing the window trim to fit something thicker. The back half will be left more less as is with a bit of paint or something.

The roof feels a lot more solid now, couple ends of the joists were no longer attached to the walls. Took some thinking to work around the old 12v wires but I decided id like to in the future get a battery hooked up.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed the 'better' of the two front tie downs. Took a while but the other side should be easier now that I know what im doing, hoping to get it done tomorrow.

Moved the bolt forward a bit, probably should have gone a little further. Would like to keep all 3/8 hardware on it and maybe put a 90* chunk of steel like the back to keep the chains off the black mounts but cant find turnbuckles short enough. I guess I can one day lift the camper a bit and move the mounts slightly. Looked at the rear ones wanting to move them back a bit and take a link out but the tire mount means they cant really go anywhere else. When i get to re doing them I might try to put the eyes closer.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres a couple from an overnight trip to a local fishing hole. The pelicans defiantly caught more than I did.

Edit: Dont think I mentioned the upgrade to a 30Lb propane tank, should last a long time

Last edited:

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Front tie downs pt2

I have a bit more work to do at the front where the wires go through outside, but the framing is almost over. Do need to open up more wall board so I can hide the seams nice

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a few really good rains last week and the camper is still leaking so...

Turns out as I suspected the marker lights are causing a lot of problems, and a few loose screws are seeping too but not as big of a problem. All the marker lights are going to come off, dont really need them since it fits inside the bed and can always glue some reflectors on the top corners. I will have to figure out how to patch the holes outside while keeping it looking alright. Thinking of buying a huge box of slightly larger metal screws to replace all of them around the windows ect. At least now I can rip out most of the wires, only going to have a couple lights and fridge off the 12v. I want to make a whip with a trailer pin attachment to hook the trailer into the trucks power, then eventually get a deep cycle under the hood instead of inside the camper.