old miller / beastly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took three evenings but I have removed everything from the back of the truck. Only a few screw holes in the floor but otherwise inside bed is in great shape. Gained a lot more space, lost some weight, and will be very easy to get the cap off now. And bonus I figured out what im supposed to do with my spare tire! Also looking at the wires for the roof lights its a wonder the po never burnt the thing down lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would honestly just find a new bed instead of trying to fix that.

Looking good though :waytogo:

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

What a difference, and rearward the visibility is amazing. But not long lasted.
attachment.php

Managed to do a tire rotation pre camper install. Glad I got it on before I plan on using it, the interior isnt as good as it was a few years ago when it was last used. The cover for the skylight broke and allowed some water to get in. Still a pretty solid unit and a good project. The truck seems to be taking it quite well and it fits like a glove. I will get some more pics as I do some work to it.

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have to say my memories of this old camper were a lot better, but that was about 5 years ago. It was my friends when he had a truck. The smell is pretty bad so today I opened all the windows and ripped up the carpet. got the cushions airing out too. Is pretty clear to me the ceiling has to come down. Its dry now but sagging and crumbling from the ceiling window cover breaking, also warped the table. I have the plan to be sleeping in it for may long camping so that gives me about two weeks to make it a habitable space and water tight. I was also hoping to get the gas working again, stove fridge and furnace all use to work off propane or electric. If that all goes well I can start on really making it nice inside, maybe work on the electrics and get it set for longer trips.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
This is really cool! I've always wanted to do something with a camper

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

the vent had been covered by a rubber mat, that had cracked. Today I went up on the roof calked the screw holes and re did a few areas. managed to rig up a cover with some stick on aluminum cladding over the metal frame for the old plastic cover. there is no glass just a screen but I think it will hold up to rain. Smells better already having aired out for a couple days and taking out most soft stuff. Starting to really like this project I think it can turn out good. Next is to tackle the ceiling and wash the outside, make sure there no more leaaks

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm going to try and get something done every day while the weather holds. Last night I went to town on the ceiling, there was moisture trapped in there but seems contained to the one sheet around the window. Sprayed it all down with mould/mildew spray and letting it dry out. I think I have found and calked all the holes. Today I'm thinking I have access to a bunch of wires so I'll plug it in at home and see what electric stuff works. Maybe grab the tank off the BBQ check that out too. As for the exterior, it's real dirty so it's going to get a power wash, will also help show any other leaks. Hopefully it cleans up nice wasn't really planning on painting it, at least not this summer. I may re clad the roof at some time. Next update I will include more photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neb15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Cleaned out the mess I made yesterday. Managed to scrape most of the under lay off and pulled out more insulation that was trapping moisture. I think i will open up a few inches around the bottom of the walls too just to dry it up and inspect. Bought some 2x2's and screws, checked out the hard boards found some white melamine that would match up but I might want to replace all the ceiling with plywood. Ill decide in a bit first I want to do a bit of electric work and shore up the structure. Plugged in the fridge and it works of 120v. Its starting to rain and get colder out so I figure a good goal for tomorrow is to try and fire up the heater. It might be rough but I should be able to have a clean dry place by may long. Going to start talking to some trades connections about materials, starting to think I could really beef everything up and have it fully functioning, and possibly get some free/cheap stuff.