OBX Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they stainless?
i paid $109 for the stainless ones on my truck off ebay, brand new, not a name brand, just from a shop that makes them, bolted right up tho

gmcierra

Reaction score
The headers in the OP link look awesome, and the price is great too!
IMO though, a 1.75" primary is too big for even a mild 350.
Good luck, and keep us updated please.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Personally I refuse to support OBX's business model. They have built an entire company out of ripping off american designs and making cheap chinese knockoffs of it. That said, their product typically comes out good, but they put none of the R&D into it, so in order to feel right about it, I'd have to cut another check to the company who's R&D they stole. In the instance of my GTO, I just bought JBAs instead of the OBX ripoffs.

Last edited:

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1.75" primary is fine, just have to build the correct setup behind it, I would rather pay for some Hookers or Hedmans than these though.

Kranz

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

^This is the passenger header.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to know how well they fit (air tubes and such). They also make headers for my old GTO when using round port heads (aftermarket or old RAIV, 455HO, or 455SD are only round ports - all other Pontiac heads are d port). There are a bunch of guys who have bought them and were very happy with the fit (4 speed cars require some massaging). I have a 428 I'm planning to build and I have a set of round port 455HO heads. I do plan to run these OBX headers. They look identical to the Doug Thorleys and cost a third of the price.

Kranz

Reaction score
I'd like to know how well they fit (air tubes and such). They also make headers for my old GTO when using round port heads (aftermarket or old RAIV, 455HO, or 455SD are only round ports - all other Pontiac heads are d port). There are a bunch of guys who have bought them and were very happy with the fit (4 speed cars require some massaging). I have a 428 I'm planning to build and I have a set of round port 455HO heads. I do plan to run these OBX headers. They look identical to the Doug Thorleys and cost a third of the price.

I won't be putting these on for probably another week, but I will get back to you when I do.

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I refuse to support OBX's business model. They have built an entire company out of ripping off american designs and making cheap chinese knockoffs of it. That said, their product typically comes out good, but they put none of the R&D into it, so in order to feel right about it, I'd have to cut another check to the company who's R&D they stole. In the instance of my GTO, I just bought JBAs instead of the OBX ripoffs.

This is what I was gonna post. I had an 04 Goat and people talk about the OBX headers alot on LS1gto.com . they are reverse engineered Kooks (~$1200) and they sell the obx for $300. It's kind of a two sided coin though

1) Should they be ripping off another companies product b/c there are no Copyright laws in China? NO

2) Should other header companies be selling headers for insane prices when they can obviously be made for MUCH cheaper? NO

Pick your side, kinda thing.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
This is what I was gonna post. I had an 04 Goat and people talk about the OBX headers alot on LS1gto.com . they are reverse engineered Kooks (~$1200) and they sell the obx for $300. It's kind of a two sided coin though

1) Should they be ripping off another companies product b/c there are no Copyright laws in China? NO

2) Should other header companies be selling headers for insane prices when they can obviously be made for MUCH cheaper? NO

Pick your side, kinda thing.

Kooks are long tube, which OBX doesn't make for the new GTO. its the JBAs they ripped off, which retail for ~$700, and can be had for like $350, but the OBX's aren't much cheaper. Other vehicle models your absolutely right on the margin difference though. Its a LOT easier to reverse engineer parts than to engineer them to begin with. I'm not saying that they don't overcharge, but at least they are offsetting R&D costs... which is more than can be said for OBX.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those OBX's look nice. I had to buy TBI Hooker headers for my vortec and weld on an EGR tube and 02 bungs. Looks like it is all there. Give it a try!