OBS (Old Blown up ) to NBS (New Bad ass ) Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
idk what year it is but its a 944. its gonna be our full blown race car. if my neighbor didnt call the cops on me i dont think it would've mattered but now she moved :wtf: to that... but thanks dude gonna be even better ;)

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well for us, the inop vehicle is more of an issue in the home owner's association range of rules (the land developer that sold the land so the houses could be built set forth rules for the houses that were to be built). "No major restorations or non-op vehicles on the land..." Neighbor called code enforcement and their rule is "... in public view."
It's all about who does and does not care. If people dont care if it's there and no one complains, code enforcement looks over it. But they're obligated to issue a citation when there's a complaint.
Guess that's what we get for moving up in life and getting a house within a stone's throw of the city golf course.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
my neighborhood is from the 1800's i dont think they had an hoa back then

either way its the dumbest thing ever. they police should go back to harassing high schoolers

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Here is another shot with 37s, same rims:

You must be registered for see images attach

which axle do you have because that looks too wide, go with a truck axle they're the same width as stock

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
here's the new shop. Lift is coming in friday!! :gr_grin: its not as small as it looks. but my buddies are already hard at work after only 2 weeks of having the place

the white e30 my friend mark and i have been working on for close to 6 years now. the only thing stock on it is the interior

So jealous... i want that shop..:jawdrop:

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
got my tow mirrors on. ignore the stickynotes all over my truck...gotta love valentines day. :rolleyes:

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a great shop to work in, clean!

regarding 14 bolt axles, you were provided some inaccurate information and want to clarify.

both SRW and DRW 14 bolt axles are the same wideth (67") the difference is the hubs, you can swap between DRW and SRW hubs on the same axle as all the bearings are the same., the axle shafts will be different lengths to accomidate the longer hubs. The C&C 14 bolt is narrower and measures 63". The factual information provided was that the van axles are indeed wider, either 69 or 70" depending if it is series 1 or 2. The SRW and C&C axles use the same housings and shafts, with the difference in width being in the hubs. The housings are actuallly identical except for the location of the backing plate flange. Drums & hubs are different, but backing plates, shoes, and wheel cylinders are the same. The SRW and Van axles use the same hubs, the C&C and DRW axles use the same hubs; Though different, the SRW/Van hubs and the C&C/DRW hubs can be interchanged causing a change to the axles WMS. SRW and C&C axle shafts are the same.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And to add, not all dually chevy axles are 14 bolts, some are D70's and D80 while the later 04 and after trucks are AAM 11.5. All are stout axles, the 14 bolt being the most supported with the aftermarket. 14 bolt easy external identifier is the pinion support bearing drop out on the front of the diff casting.