OBS (Old Blown up ) to NBS (New Bad ass ) Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
(didnt know you couldnt say sh it in the title but you get the idea :lol:)
Figured Id make a new build thread so i can get some input but here goes nothin!

To start off the plan was to swap a chevy d60, 14bff, in my 1998 k1500 but then this happened

You must be registered for see images attach

so then the plan turned into hey why not just throw a 12v cummins nv4500, and a 241 pass side drop in it

then that plan came to a screeching halt. due to where I live you are not allowed to have an inoperative vehicle in your driveway (f@ck me)... they gave me a warning saying i had a week to get it moved or otherwise it would be towed and id get a ticket. and i'm think how am i gonna get it moved while im at school. so 2 weeks later my truck is gone and in place of my truck there's a mf ticket in my mail box for $800. (greaaaaattt)

anyways due to school loans and financial issues got rid my truck and sold all the parts.

Last edited:

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
over this past summer i picked up this gem for $1450(on the left obviously). Truck was from Arizona not an ounce of rust. rebuilt motor, transmission, 4" superlift, and 31's

plasti-dipped grill and bedlined the bumpers day after i got it

ignore the bird schit on my hood please :lol:

Plans for this baby is:
-Chevy D60
-14bFF
-Np203/205 doubler
-Monster transmissions monster in a box 4l60e
-Lq4 (eventually)
-40" good year mtr
-and some other nicky nacky aesthetics and what not

Last edited:

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the new truck. I would be in trouble if they said I couldn't have inop vehicles in the driveway. I have 4 or 5 that won't move under there own power lol.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
oh its such bull sh**. my truck doesnt fit in my garage so there was no way. my 98 oldsmobile aurora has to be parked on a 10* angle for it to fit. but me and a couple buddies just got a new shop for 900 a month so now i got a place to put it :)

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor on the 14 bolt and run either a van our dually axle. At 67.5" wide, the truck axle is too narrow. Here is what you can expect:

That is with 17x9 rims and dually width 14 bolt.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is another shot with 37s, same rims:

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
with the dually axle isnt the wheel mounting surface tucked farther back to fit the dually wheels?

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We have the same issue about the inop vehicles. We just took the car to a friend's land and parked it. Whole family is raising hell about. I dont see the problem. It's their own fault for not putting it in the garage before filling the garage with boxes upon boxes of stuff. And that includes the second one-car garage in the backyard. It's one thing if the vehicle physically doesnt fit because of another vehicle being in the garage. But when 80% of the garage is full of crap that still hasnt been unpacked and the other 20% is occupied by a motorcycle (that they took the time to clear room for).

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
here's the new shop. Lift is coming in friday!! :gr_grin: its not as small as it looks. but my buddies are already hard at work after only 2 weeks of having the place

the white e30 my friend mark and i have been working on for close to 6 years now. the only thing stock on it is the interior

Last edited:

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Is that a Porsche? I have an '83 944! :D

As for the inop vehicles thing, that's such a load of crap! I've never even heard of that. Who came up with such a stupid law? I have TWO vehicles in my residential driveway that don't move. I'd be pissed!

New truck is nice!