New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I have a handful of Ryobi rechargeable tools. I've had issues with both the batteries and the tools themselves. I can't recommend them. We use Dewalt rechargeables at the track, and they're great, but after about ten years of use, we replaced all the batteries with eBay generics and they're running great again. A slow charger definitely helps maintain the batteries.

I'm interested in the Makita rechargeable chainsaw, so I'm interested in switching to Makita's rechargeable tools, but I'm looking at a grand to buy the basics. Maybe when I win the lottery... but then I'd have to start playing the lottery.

As for new tools, I bought this yesterday, so we can fix the transmission tunnel on our race car. I have a dent in the front of my hood I'm going to test it on. I'll give a review when I get around to it.
My buddy Dave sez "The Lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math."

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Black Friday sale, I've been wanting this welder for a couple years and now I'm essentially getting the cooler and upgraded torches for free.

I cant wait until it shows up!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-224520_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-224520_Chrome.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 18

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I have the tekton tools. Love em. Bein an apprentice I get 15% off (anyone that's a student can sign up) and ordering direct you get 10% back in tekton cash for later. I've cashed it in a few times to end up with free tools. Customer service can't be beat. Even if you didn't buy direct from the site

Attachments

• IMG_20211126_165216577.jpg
    IMG_20211126_165216577.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211126_165234504.jpg
    IMG_20211126_165234504.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20211126_165224731.jpg
    IMG_20211126_165224731.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 6

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the tekton tools. Love em. Bein an apprentice I get 15% off (anyone that's a student can sign up) and ordering direct you get 10% back in tekton cash for later. I've cashed it in a few times to end up with free tools. Customer service can't be beat. Even if you didn't buy direct from the site
I've heard good things about Tekton but I haven't used them personally.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Me n my dude use em almost daily. They hold up in past year.ive.only had a ratchet wrench fail and a ratchet fall apart.
I've heard that they're on par with Gearwrench for the most part. All of my 1/4 and 3/8 mid depth are Gearwrench and they have been great. My only complaint is that they are really hard to see the sizes on the sockets.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I love my Tekton impact sockets and pry bars but thats all ive tried from them.

Threw a little something together today. The Remline has become more of a gunsmithing/3d printing toolbox since i decided i really dont want it stolen out of the bed of my truck. Which brings us to #8. My $40 TSC road box.
You must be registered for see images attach

Minus towels and gloves

Middle

Bottom

Eventually itll get shadowed out with the 3d printer like the Remline.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Tools but maybe not for wrenching on a vehicle. For those of you who don't know, I'm building an entertainment center and am always running out of clamps for glue-up. I went online and looked for some beam clamps but they're getting ridiculous in price. So I ordered a couple Bessey pipe clamp kits. I like Bessey brand because they're high quality and made in Germany but, not any more :mad: They're made in China now. Anyway, I put them together after going to Lowe's for a couple sticks of 3/4" X 48" black pipe. I didn't realize how expensive pipe has gotten either - $27.14 ea. Next time I'll go to a steel yard, get a 21' stick, cut and thread my own ends! So, $19.09 ea for the clamps plus the pipes I have $46.23 in each. It's still cheaper than the beam clamps like the one behind them. The new style ones are ~$142/pair o_O

I do like the way their feet are designed so you can crank the handle while sitting on them.

I still have 10 drawer boxes to glue up after I cut the box joints on the table saw. I still don't have enough, I'll have to do it in 2 separate sessions, I guess - never can have enough clamps :(