New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
not sure how popular this thread will be but i always love strolling through the one on garage journal so i decided to make one here.

Ill start!
You must be registered for see images attach

Ordered me a ir2115Timax to replace my old cheepo harbor frieght gun. Also ordered some short 3/8 impact sockets, hopefully i can get the deep ones to match in the next couple weeks otherwise itll drive me nuts.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Its here! This thing is tiny, but it has got balls. 15,000rpm and 300ft lbs is what the specs say and i belive every bit of it. Its super light too. We have a older guy that comes in every now and then and does our saw work. When i hooked this up and hit the trigger he about jumped off of his chair. It is louder then my 1/2 harbor freight impact. I love it.

Sockets are supposed to be here tomorrow so ill give a review on those too.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well the sockets came today as expected. They use the same coating as the 1/2" sockets (no suprise) which is almost like a bedliner feel but not gritty. For $40 for both sets you cant beat them. The size is about .01 over on the inside and they are .170 thick which is pretty good in my book.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Went to napa today to replace a broken 5/16 hex bit and walked out with these and a new hex bit. I might finally be able to take the seats out of my truck to steam clean my carpet. I used to have the torx bits from autozone but those broke every time i tried to loosen the bolt that holds the seat belt buckle down.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have that 3/8" gun at work and its one of my go to tools, almost 3 years of near daily use and its still going, although I can tell its weaker and leaking some air. I also have the matching 1/2" gun but don't use it near as much.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I have that 3/8" gun at work and its one of my go to tools, almost 3 years of near daily use and its still going, although I can tell its weaker and leaking some air. I also have the matching 1/2" gun but don't use it near as much.
Thats good to know. I got mine for a job at work to save my cordless dewalt and the my hf impact was dieing. It took about a month to complete the job and it performed flawlessly. Also picked up the matching boot but i wasnt very impressed with that. It just seemed extreamly cheaply made compared to snap on or mac boots.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I have the same gun in 1/2", I love it. My 3/8" gun is a snap on, it's high pitched and loud AF.
I want a 1/2 one but i dont really have a need yet. I dont have a compressor at home that would run one and i have my 1/2 dewalt cordless. My 3/8 ir is the same way. Scared the crap out of me the first time i pull the trigger lol

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have a titanium 1/2 and it's been through hell. When I was working as a heavy truck guy the leadman needed to borrow it while his Snap-on was in for repair. He was separating a hub and drum and he had it running so long the whole case had a layer of frost on it. Finally broke the nut free but it just kept going.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Keeping up with the thread I just got a new set of screwdrivers. Diamond tip Craftsman. On sale for half off. They look nice and seem to work pretty well. Don't slip like everything else. I'd call them worth it at full price even.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit