Tool Box Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
What kinda heathen would let their toolbox collect junk on top!!!
What kind of tyrant would keep it spotless and not cluttered?

FancyTBI, I like the looks of that Menards 3 bank box you posted. Makes me wish I had a menards nearby (and a shop/garage/barn). I'm choosing to ignore the cash aspect.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I measured mine yesterday, the main box is 66x27. Or something close to that. Butcher block top but I cut up a stall mat to cover it.

The deep and shallow full width top drawers are a great combo.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This Menards Masterforce box looks identical to the US General version and is about $400 cheaper. It’s got the drawer configuration that I want, but some of the bottom drawers are probably a bit too tall for my needs. Not quite sure. I do like it at first glance.
Look deeper, metal thickness, etc. Might look the same, but might not be the same. price isn't always be the most significant factor. I had an endgame in trading in and out of boxes. have very little of my own money in a box that has 3' X 9' X 6 ft tall footprint. Functional for you , holds yer stuff, etc. Allows you to be organized etc. can be important. Idk, Just an example, I have spindle and axle nut impct socket sets, they go in the suspension tools drawer instead of the 1/2 inch impact drawer, same with 20mm plus wrenches, commonly used is similar situations for suspension work. Not tripping over them in a wrench drawer. Less frequently used goes elsewhere. Obstruction wrenches, flare nut sets, specialty wrenches go in a different drawer than standard combo wrenches etc. Sometimes you have to train yourself, it becomes "old hat"

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kinda heathen would let their toolbox collect junk on top!!!
Very similar to my old Snap-On. KRL-1000 or something. For 10 yrs served me well. Mine had full width top drawer. With used your limited to someone else's decisions, new order you can pick drawer set-up.

Last edited:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
For some of you, the only way to keep from cluttering the top of your tool box shelf, is to have a top box on it that covers the whole surface. Then of course, you would not have any tools in the top of the top box, it would be overflowing with your G/D clutter. Shame shame shame shame.......

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For some of you, the only way to keep from cluttering the top of your tool box shelf, is to have a top box on it that covers the whole surface. Then of course, you would not have any tools in the top of the top box, it would be overflowing with your G/D clutter. Shame shame shame shame.......
Lol, having a top box requires me to put stuff away. I'm ok with a work bench being cluttered till I get tools put up. never been a fan of the tool box and work bench being the same.