New to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just found this site the other day and figured I'd join and say hi. I'm a regular over on the PPE forums as well as FSC and EFILive forums. I also cruize around LS1tech occasionally, so I know some of you know me from other places.

anyways, I have a daily driven 1996 C1500 running an L31 which I've converted to distributorless coil near plug running LS2 coils, zz4 cam, RHS heads, a custom made true MPFI intake with 40# injectors, an intercooled whipple, modified T56 6 speed, 411 PCM, etc. its pretty fun.

anyways, wanted to say the site looks like its a good place, I hope I can be a productive member of society here. :drunk:

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of motor work. If you have pictures you should definately do a build thread on it.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like some high power stuff there man. You should throw some pics up on the site man.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I might do some write ups or something, I don't have many pics of the truck itself. the exterior isn't overly special, stock height, stock wheels, different paint job and billit grill though. here's some radom pics I have of various things I've put in it, most of these are in-progress shots though, so not everything may be finished in the pics...

here's the ONLY picture that shows some of the truck exterior that I can find, this is from working on the intercooler:
You must be registered for see images attach

here's from when I was working on the whipple/intercooler stuff:

this is the 24x crank reluctor that lets me eliminate the distributor and run the coil near plug:

here's my T56, I rebuilt it with some improved parts, I also modified the shift rail to use the front inspection plate for the shifter location, which moves it up to practically the same spot a 5 speed shifter would be in the truck:

here's where the shifter comes up with the modifications, i've since removed all the auto parts from the steering column and put a manual column cover on it, I've also modified the shifter stick slightly, and moved that gauge there up to the A pillar:

this is the T56 under the truck, I've since changed the slave cylinder to an aluminum one off a '92 camaro 5 speed, I hate plastic parts. I want a new y pipe too. thats the stock one.

this is my intake, not my engine though, this is a pic from the guy I bought it from. I've modified it a little since I got it, but not a bunch, its basically the same:

I've got other pics, but these are the best ones I could find of stuff.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks awesome man. cant wait to see some finished pics on it. not allowed to run clear corner lenses in UT?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wish I knew, heh, its actually only been on the road with the blower for maybe a month and a half or something, went down again a week or 2 ago due to a bad fuel pump, so I put in a walbro 255lph high pressure one on a new delphi sender. been working great since. I've been doing alot of tuning lately and getting it ready to renew the registration.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks awesome man. cant wait to see some finished pics on it. not allowed to run clear corner lenses in UT?

apparently not, I had clears for almost 10 years, but the man started getting on my back about it so I just bit the bullet and put some ambers on the apease them. since its a daily driver I'd rather deal with having amber corners than be hassled. I used to have blue blinker lights too, and no one cared until recently.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sucks. I have painted corners. Just got them done last week, probably won't know for a while wether they are legal or not.