New to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont see how you can just put so much money into your truck, man i wish my finances were like that, im hoping the ls swap wont be to bad on the pocket lol

patience and time, its not like I have done everything to my truck over the weekend. a piece here, a piece there. the trick to saving money on stuff like this is not to be in a hurry. collect the parts as you can find them for good prices. and don't be afraid to buy used stuff even if you have to rebuild it yourself. I got my whole T56 trans for $400, but it came in 3 separate boxes. I did all the mods on it and rebuilt it myself in my garage over the course of 3-4 months.

and it depends on what is 'bad on the pocket' for you, but yes, an LS swap will be fairly expensive.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
yeah I wouldn't use ebay headers. especially for a DD. they're bound to crack or warp or leak. I'll never have that with cast manifolds. I like the bank ones but they want $1700 for JUST the manifolds :Insane:. I found some that are virtually the same as the banks ones. but alot less, http://strco.net/cart/chevy-sbc-turbo-manifold-p-12.html

but I got them from the company off ebay for like $100 less.
that makes FAR more sense.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup. plus those cast manifolds will be alot more quiet which is what I want in a DD.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
im hoping the swap wont be to bad, i know LS1s are alot more expensive then 5.3, ive seen a 5.3 with 119,000 miles on it, shipped to my door for $700, plus motor mounts, a cam, and all the supporting modes, plus a tune, im hoping i can do the whole thing for under $2000

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you might be able to, just search around for some deals. the LS1 has been out for quite a while, you should be able to find something without too much problem.