New to the site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats going to make your truck borderline not a daily driver lol, do they even make turbo kits for gmt 400s, ive seen people turbo them but they make there own manifold

no less a daily driver than it is with a blower on, I'm not going to run tons and tons of boost. just around 8-10psi max. when I need to do a engine rebuild I'll do a forged bottom 383 and bump up the boost.

its not a kit that I'm using, I think the banks TT SBC universal kit is the closest to a 'kit' that would work on our trucks. I've seen homemade headers too, and they can be pretty good, but since its my daily driver I'm using actual cast manifolds which are quiet, will not crack or have any problems supporting the weight of the turbos, and they're really compact.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no clue, I haven't even had my truck at the track before (other than in the parking lot heh)...
Lextech has similar sized twin turbos to what I'm looking at on his 305, and last I heard he ran 13.01@110, but his setup is alot different than mine. and I don't know what boost that run was done at. when he first put his turbos on he was only running 4psi IIRC. and last I heard he's pumping in 15psi. so for all I know he could be running single digit ET's now.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
have you ever done any work to your block like before or preparing for the supercharger? im just going to do a cammed 5.3 for now and then think about FI after that, maybe do some meth injection, idk, but my motor is what i believe to be the original motor for the truck and the truck has 240,000 on it and i am starting to hear valved clicking and what not, when this engine goes im going to get the 5.3

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you mean like forged internals and stuff? you don't need to do that kind of stuff unless you're planning on running tons of boost. if you keep the boost mild to moderate, you'll be okay with boost. I'm planning on peaking around 8-9psi. and once my engine needs a rebuild I'll build it forged/etc for running more boost. but that shouldn't be for a long time.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
no less a daily driver than it is with a blower on, I'm not going to run tons and tons of boost. just around 8-10psi max. when I need to do a engine rebuild I'll do a forged bottom 383 and bump up the boost.

its not a kit that I'm using, I think the banks TT SBC universal kit is the closest to a 'kit' that would work on our trucks. I've seen homemade headers too, and they can be pretty good, but since its my daily driver I'm using actual cast manifolds which are quiet, will not crack or have any problems supporting the weight of the turbos, and they're really compact.

Who has those manifolds?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cast manifolds?

banks makes some, but they're insanely expensive. there is also another company that makes some very similar to the banks ones that I'm going to try.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i dont see how you can just put so much money into your truck, man i wish my finances were like that, im hoping the ls swap wont be to bad on the pocket lol

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
the cast manifolds?

banks makes some, but they're insanely expensive. there is also another company that makes some very similar to the banks ones that I'm going to try.

Alright, ive been looking at the eBay headers. :lol:, but would rather use something like that

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I wouldn't use ebay cheap headers. especially for a DD. they're bound to crack or warp or leak. I'll never have that with cast manifolds. I like the bank ones but they want $1700 for JUST the manifolds :Insane:. I found some that are virtually the same as the banks ones. but alot less, http://strco.net/cart/chevy-sbc-turbo-manifold-p-12.html

but I got them from the company who makes those exact ones off ebay for like $100 less.