Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about that, but I don't have one that big. Looks easy enough though.

An open ended unit would be a no go, this needs to survive 140 ft/lb.

Hmm. Flare nut stlyle crows foot, maybe?

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Even that's probably not gonna cut it. Then factor in 21mm 1/2" drive. I'm thinking more along the lines of this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Or this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I don't know wtf is going on with those links.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I'd driven this for the first time with the new brakes to hit the track last month and it (truck and Camaro) wasn't great. The front pads reeked more than I expected and I was seeing a little discoloration on the rotors. Even the old crappy nothing pads that were on there before didn't seem that taxed. Didn't seem right as the Raybestos Element 3 Hybrid pads I put on my 1500 were certainly a cut above parts store grade pads. The truck just seemed like it didn't want to stop and my confidence in it just wasn't there. Initially I just shrugged it off, must have remembered it better than it actually was? Then over in @Dantheman1540 's thread we went down the ABS rabbit hole and today it clicked today while I was driving: back in December when I did the pads I also replaced a bum ABS hub sensor. That got rid of my ABS light. I thought I was golden. So today while I was cleaning RV tanks I yanked the ABS fuse and bam! Brake pedal is back and better than ever! Pedal was higher, harder, and being loaded it flat out stopped again! Long term I'll put ABS on a switch because empty this thing is deadly in a panic stop. Way too much rear brake. All this time I thought it was those super duper rear semi metallic shoes, and they are badass, but man will it be nice to have it both ways! Ideally I'd like to nerd out and have something sense when I'm plugged into a trailer and toggle the ABS automatically.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Picked this up yesterday, under $90 out the door at Advance.

You must be registered for see images attach

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know you don't need it any more but would something like this have worked for torqueing your hub adaptors down? I'm sure there other places you can get other then snappy.