New exhaust for the Burb...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
looks great! keep it up!!! interested in me buying you a plane ticket and you coming and building me an exhaust?? Lol jk

Reaction score
looks great! keep it up!!! interested in me buying you a plane ticket and you coming and building me an exhaust?? Lol jk

x2 on that, maybe if your not doing anything say maybe this weekend you could head over and knock the 3500 out?? haha.....nice work man, wish you were local for some header fab!

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some more progress...Mufflers!

You must be registered for see images attach

With hanger stud.

Hanging too low first time round. Ended up having to spin the mufflers 180deg (so as to enter in the center and exit at the top) cut all the fittings off and weld them back on the opposite ends.

Better...

Turn downs are temporary....until tonight when I make the tailpipes. Still not sure whether to bring them out the same side, together or run one out behnd each back wheel.
Sounds nice with the mufflers on there. Throttle response seems very crisp.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those welds are surgical. Love the custom fabbed flanges. I take it you do some form of professional engineering at that shop?

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mufflers are from a local shop. I grabbed them because they were only $95ea...so if they're not what I want....I can replace them without losing alot of $$$.
They are a straight through, perforated pipe design (apparently same as Magnaflow) stuffed with fibreglass.

Got the system finished to the mufflers last night...complete and hanging on the original hangers.
Ended up angling the mufflers to tuck them up above the frame rails a bit better.

Started on the tail pipes....but decided I needed a break and got no further.
3hrs sleep a night for about 6 weeks gets to you after a while. I was just happy it was all hanging up and locked together.
I screwed the turn downs on and drove it home....NICE!!!

Mike...I'm an electrician at a Gyprock/sheetrock factory. Our maintenance dept has a pretty good range of engineering facilities....and I like to play with all the 'toys'. Lol!

Reaction score
That has to be the nicest home built exhaust I've ever seen. I wish my shop had those kind of "toys" to play with. Looks great.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little more progress last night.
ONE tailpipe made and fitted!
That was the difficult one.