New exhaust for the Burb...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks real good howard, now you just need to make a set and ship them too me... for the gmt400 discount of... Free.50??

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol! OK Greg....they're in the mail mate. Lol!
The 'couplers' are typically used in the chemical and food industries. We've been throwing them out at work and I just thought...."these should work".
They have an O'ring to seal them which are available in various materials..including silicone..which I think will be the one I need for heat resistance.

Reaction score
Lol! OK Greg....they're in the mail mate. Lol!
The 'couplers' are typically used in the chemical and food industries. We've been throwing them out at work and I just thought...."these should work".
They have an O'ring to seal them which are available in various materials..including silicone..which I think will be the one I need for heat resistance.

You just answered my next question. I was wondering what that o-ring was made of. Looks like a badass way to connect the pipes as long as you can find a good o-ring/gasket for them.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah...worst case is I have to make my own gaskets out of the high temp material we use at work.
I think these'll work well. I'll be able to chop and change mufflers as I like...or install/remove cats (not currently installing any) as I please.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we don't either here in SD, but we still needs some sort of cat or muffler on anything after 1978

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah....I should probably have cats. I'll make provisions for them...and they'll be able to just be screwed in....but I don't feel like paying upto $800 for a decent pair of cats at this stage.
I haven't got mufflers yet...and there's another $600 or so for a pair of stainless Magnaflows.

hquick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's what I got done last night.

Made up a couple of flanges to bolt to the header collectors. Now I can start making the rest of the exhaust.
Aim is to get upto and including the X pipe in tonight....after screwing a couple of elbows onto the adaptors and making a run down our 'strip' (side street next to the factory). :evil:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the planned design.