Need opinions on engine ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
As far as prices for a crate motor, a 350 is like half the price of a 383

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i built mine myself, cleaned the block at a friends shop, cam was donated by a friend for 10 bucks, crank, rods, pistons all from ebay but name brand, i ran the numbers through the brands themselves to be sure of that, machine work dont by a friend, heads i bought off cragslist for 200 and put in new seals and such, 1.6 roller tips off ebay(name brand) can of engine enamel, summit rebuild kit, plugs wires were still good from my stock engine as i just replaced them. i had around 1800 into parts and 500 into machine work.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I'm kinda sure I'm going with a new crate... Since I'll probably be buying it from the chevy dealership with a warranty. anybody have any idea what would be included with the block like heads, cam, crank, rods, and pistons? If so, is it worth upgrading everything while its out?

Note: I haven't talked to the dealership yet, just preparing myself before going out into the blue.... haha

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm just asking what it comes stock with it, plus mines a 350 TBI stock which comes with around 50hp less than the 350 vortec stock from what I read. I guess it would void my warranty too if I change anything though.... :think:

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh i dont know because i cant remember much about it when dad did the swap, should come with the heads and everything you need, the intake manifold. you will use your fan cluch, TB, headers/manifolds, harmonic balancer, tensioner, and maybe the waterpump and powersteering pump. It basically doesnt come with all the little things and this is all just stuff my dad has said to me when I've replaced the parts lol