Need opinions on engine ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
to add a supercharger right would be a good chunk of change.....after upgrading injectors, exhaust, ignition and cooling systems my upgrade was about 7k...add that was for about 200rwhp extra

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The price more-so because I'm sure you got a transmission and rear end with your truck to withstand the more hp which would mean even more money if so.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well let me know what you decide because if you get the crate motor I dont know about delivery options but I'd be willing to pick it up and bring it half way to you. All I ask is alittle something for gas ($30) and to check out each other's trucks lol.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
A crate motor is the way to go in my opinion. Always nice to have a warranty.

Check out Jegs and Summit as well, they have decent prices as well as free shipping at times.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my 88s frame was weaker than expected, floored it with the 383 and the whole frame collapsed, then i got screwed out of a 2k from the guy that traded me for the engine.