Need opinions on engine ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to be clear those heads will fit 5.7L TBI even though its only for 96-99 as it says. I'd assume they didn't change the main crate itself from the conversion of TBI to Vortec?

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Just to be clear those heads will fit 5.7L TBI even though its only for 96-99 as it says. I'd assume they didn't change the main crate itself from the conversion of TBI to Vortec?

chevy small blocks don't really change much- exhaut manifold from a '94 TBI 350 fit on a carbed 400 from a '74 truck

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
your intake will have to be vortec head correct, tbi intake will NOT fit on vortec heads. holley, edelbrock, weiend, dart, etc. go on craigslist and look for one cheap take it to your local parts store and have them hot tank it so its clean and do what you will with it. you can probably save a few bucks.

Reaction score
I was pricing 383's and they wanted like 6 or 7 grand for a full crate motor. The 350 was like 2 or 3k

7K for a SBC Crate Engine ???? WTF

If it were me I'd yank that 350TBI along with the tranny and drop in a mild BBC. With very little effort a BBC will put out massive more TQ & HP then the SBC. Then I'd up date the tranny to handle the extra power. I currently have three different BBC in three different vehicles and they are all a blast to drive. Man now I can't wait for the drive home!!!!!!